1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. alexroyce

Posts by alexroyce

  • The CoD4 beta is letting loads of people in soon

    • alexroyce
    • August 26, 2007 at 10:50 PM

    If you want to try to get in, heres your chance

    http://www.charlieoscardelta.com/sitrep ... =&req=view

    It would be great to hear some opinions from people here!

  • DM_Snowdin

    • alexroyce
    • August 2, 2007 at 9:52 AM

    You totally need to make a red room that has something super-duper-awesome in it as itll scream significance.

  • I am making a DoD:s map.

    • alexroyce
    • August 2, 2007 at 9:51 AM

    all buildings ive seen made have 8 unit gaps for the floor per each level, enterable or not

    Code
    /\
    
    
      /    \
    
    
    /        \
    
    
    |        |
    
    
    -        -
    
    
    |        |
    
    
    -        -
    
    
    |        |
    
    
    -        -
    
    
    |        |
    Display More
  • The E3 07 Thread

    • alexroyce
    • July 14, 2007 at 10:28 AM

    Itll definetly be an awesome experience

    E3 Trailer if you havent seen it:

    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21256.html

  • phys_temple

    • alexroyce
    • May 30, 2007 at 8:04 AM

    Holy crap that was awesome.

  • Competition: HL2DM 1024-unit Official Entries

    • alexroyce
    • May 8, 2007 at 8:28 AM

    Just played rockhill with a few others and found it quite fun

  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare announced

    • alexroyce
    • April 29, 2007 at 8:31 PM

    Everything goes by so fast in the trailer its pretty hard to comprehend whats going on.

    Has anyone even noticed the dog?

  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare announced

    • alexroyce
    • April 26, 2007 at 1:52 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://xs114.xs.to/xs114/07173/336x280_50k_1177490149.jpg]

    Woo!

  • Help my dad with a name for his band

    • alexroyce
    • March 4, 2007 at 9:26 PM
    Quote from RD

    the clap

    Its been taken

    http://www.interpunk.com/item.cfm?Item=54348&

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • alexroyce
    • December 17, 2006 at 8:37 AM
    Quote from Ooghijmiqtxxa

    Thanks guys! I'm happy you guys like it. I busted my ass to finish the last room. I was going to make it completely indoors, but I thought I'd keep the pattern and leave it a bit open.

    http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/3113/21ab8.jpg

    http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/1686/3wg7.jpg

    http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/2459/2gx9.jpg

    That's it for the layout. Now I can focus on the textures and the detail. I'll make a new thread for all of that probably tomorrow. I'll stop posting in the WIP thread now.

    You should consider making some faces have more detailed lightmaps as theres a lot of great opportunities for kick ass shadows to heighten the atmosphere.

    Edit: Looks like its been released

  • Help: Creating a good looking portfolio

    • alexroyce
    • December 17, 2006 at 6:57 AM

    If you feel the need to build stuff fast, I suggest just building single scenes and varying all of them quite a bit to show what youre capable of. Building a level usually takes a month or more (at least for me, anyways). The single scene thing really helped me make lots of stuff in under a month, but make sure that you have some real levels made as a lot of places ask for demo levels.

    Frankly I think portfolios should be nothing but:

    Contact information

    Picture

    Picture

    Picture

    Picture

    ..

  • de_wanda by warby ... final release !

    • alexroyce
    • December 15, 2006 at 5:47 AM

    8O

    Orgasmic.

    Edit: Now that Ive closed my mouth, I think the trees arent nearly up to par with the rest of the map Also there are some major performance issues as stated earlier in the thread. My 3ghz, Geforce7800 equipped computer runs at an average of 30fps.

  • MapCore Job Census

    • alexroyce
    • December 13, 2006 at 6:40 PM

    Raven has been trying to hire alot of people lately. So far I've heard of 4 people Raven has gone to, through both IM and email. Anyone know what theyre working on?

  • MapCore Job Census

    • alexroyce
    • December 7, 2006 at 6:28 PM
    Quote from Furyo

    I was only surprised you weren't already in the industry Alex. Mad props on your work and this job, you truly deserve it.

    Ive been at IW for about 6 months now, just havent posted it in this thread until now

  • MapCore Job Census

    • alexroyce
    • December 6, 2006 at 8:47 PM

    Alexander Roycewicz - Infinity Ward

    Level Designer

  • Bioshock footage

    • alexroyce
    • September 22, 2006 at 2:46 AM

    Looks good, but the announcer was talking BS about redefining the genere etc.

  • UBCS Mod [HL2] Looking For MAPPERS

    • alexroyce
    • September 5, 2006 at 7:46 PM
    Quote from killertomato

    Oh yeah, that's really constructive too. Every MOD has to start somewhere, right?Thanks for nothing mate.

    I agree but what im saying is thats the level of completion nearly all HL2 mods stay at. For some reason few modellers can skin/UV their stuff which means more people are needed, and then people cant figure out how to get the model ingame so progress just stops.

  • UBCS Mod [HL2] Looking For MAPPERS

    • alexroyce
    • September 5, 2006 at 4:44 AM

    Models renders and Hammer maps with little to no custom content, and definetly no custom models/code/gfx ingame. That about sums up 95% of HL2 mods.

  • Point of Existence 2

    • alexroyce
    • August 28, 2006 at 8:49 PM

    Ill have to download this and give it a shot when I leave work. Sounds great according to Rick_D.

  • Battlefield Next

    • alexroyce
    • August 22, 2006 at 5:31 AM

    It looks like CG, but made so that it looks like its ingame.

    Who knows though, could actually be ingame, but I doubt it.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™