1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Creative Chat

How do I turn and normal map into a Diffused map ???

  • p2xelgen
  • November 2, 2007 at 6:24 PM
  • p2xelgen
    • November 2, 2007 at 6:24 PM
    • #1

    OK

    I have this modelled normal map and now would like to create a Diffused map for the normal map. But I dont know where to start.

    Please help...

    The normal map:

    [Blocked Image: http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n86/Pixelgen/43t5543.jpg]

  • aevirex
    • November 2, 2007 at 6:37 PM
    • #2

    Render an Ambient Occlusion map (lighttracer), make a cavity map out of the normal (sorry I don't have the link atm :/) and make a few base textures from photos. The paint, overlay, ... the way you like.

    Or don't listen to what I say and take a look at this: http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=373024

  • p2xelgen
    • November 2, 2007 at 6:57 PM
    • #3
    Quote from aevirex

    Render an Ambient Occlusion map (lighttracer), make a cavity map out of the normal (sorry I don't have the link atm :/) and make a few base textures from photos. The paint, overlay, ... the way you like.Or don't listen to what I say and take a look at this: http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=373024

    Thanks but I cant do Ambient Occlusion map as I only have max 7 and I think you need max 8 and above ?

  • aevirex
    • November 2, 2007 at 7:01 PM
    • #4

    No, you just render the lighting (or was it shadow?) map via the render to texture function... it works with Max 7.

    (Sorry if my advices are kinda stupid, I haven't done this in months :/).

  • p2xelgen
    • November 2, 2007 at 7:10 PM
    • #5
    Quote from aevirex

    No, you just render the lighting (or was it shadow?) map via the render to texture function... it works with Max 7.(Sorry if my advices are kinda stupid, I haven't done this in months :/).

    Should I light the scene ? and if so how, sorry for asking load of questions. But I'm working on a UT3 map and what to start creating some basic textures ??? :wink:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™