1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

The random model thread!

  • KIIIA
  • August 29, 2005 at 6:28 PM
  • Dennispls
    • August 28, 2006 at 12:22 PM
    • #1,121

    good lord!

  • CyanideCotdPnuts
    • August 28, 2006 at 3:17 PM
    • #1,122
    Quote from st0lve

    His face is too chubby. Males often have more "straight" lines.What texture res. is that?

    A. You can't see his chin, plus the ref I used had a slightly rounder face.

    B. It's all slapped on a 1024 map, minus the head which is a 512.

    Quote from generalvivi

    i can't believe we didn't use that player model .

    Me either. I ended up finishing it just for fun because Epidemic never really told me if I was still on the job or not. I keep asking but he never responds, so basically it's just portfolio work I suppose.

  • ⌐■_■
    • August 28, 2006 at 9:38 PM
    • #1,123
    Quote

    Me either. I ended up finishing it just for fun because Epidemic never really told me if I was still on the job or not. I keep asking but he never responds, so basically it's just portfolio work I suppose.

    That must suck..

  • requiem2d
    • August 28, 2006 at 11:01 PM
    • #1,124

    Very nice Warby !

  • CyanideCotdPnuts
    • August 29, 2006 at 7:00 AM
    • #1,125

    K, done basically. I scaled the pack and suspenders a bit, as well as changed the texture a bit.I can't get the normal map to show up very well in the render, so I'll probably get him compiled in the future and make SSs. He's made of a diffuse, normal, alpha, and spec map.

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/cyanidecotdpnuts/MolotovCOMPLETEguy.jpg]

  • von*ferret
    • August 29, 2006 at 7:38 AM
    • #1,126

    are you just using a skylight? skylight rarely does crap for normal maps.

  • Belgarion
    • August 29, 2006 at 8:24 AM
    • #1,127
    Quote from socratesomega

    [Blocked Image: http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/6741/aheadyn5.jpg]Ignore the ear =].

    HOLY FRICK! That is my friend Calvin! The resemblance is incredible. I wish i had a photo of him to show you. i'll have to look for one tomorrow.

  • Dennispls
    • August 29, 2006 at 1:10 PM
    • #1,128

    he took quite some punches to the face

  • tomdon
    • August 29, 2006 at 1:49 PM
    • #1,129

    I want mudbox .

  • CyanideCotdPnuts
    • August 29, 2006 at 3:27 PM
    • #1,130
    Quote from von*ferret

    are you just using a skylight? skylight rarely does crap for normal maps.

    skylight 0.5, 2 omni's 0.4

  • entity
    • August 29, 2006 at 4:09 PM
    • #1,131
    Quote from tomdon

    I want mudbox .

    same here tomdon, there are certain sites hosting the beta..but I don't feel like stooping to that level anymore

  • von*ferret
    • August 29, 2006 at 7:19 PM
    • #1,132

    have a low skylight with one key light, and one rim light from behind. But the keylight should have the largest intensity.

  • skdr
    • August 30, 2006 at 1:42 PM
    • #1,133

    I've been working on a school assigment scene few days now and here's what I have so far.

    [Blocked Image: http://3decade.com/motelliscene/motel_scene8.jpg]

    Lighting etc. isn't finalized yet and there will be some sort of mountain "skybox" around the whole scene. I'm going to render 10-15 seconds animation from that too so you'll see it later when I'm done with the scene.

  • General Vivi
    • August 30, 2006 at 7:31 PM
    • #1,134

    looks cool at first glance but once i kept looking at it for a bit i started noticing wierd stuff . like at the bottom of the sign there is a spot where some of the geometry ends ? or somthing .

    Also you might want to switch up the windows with the planks on them facing the same way. Try changing the right plank to a different direction.

  • skdr
    • August 31, 2006 at 10:16 AM
    • #1,135

    It's because of the mental ray's "preview" render option is checked. That's why you can see some shadow errors and stuff.

  • ⌐■_■
    • August 31, 2006 at 12:43 PM
    • #1,136

    very atmospheric! I like it!

  • entity
    • August 31, 2006 at 12:52 PM
    • #1,137

    Here's a model of Christopher Reeve I made for the celebrity head contest at Subdivisionmodeling.com. Once the contest is over i'll be able to sculpt, uvmap and texture it.

    [Blocked Image: http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/52/finishedlowrezae7.jpg]

  • teeluu
    • August 31, 2006 at 2:58 PM
    • #1,138

    Wow, nice work dude!

  • hessi
    • August 31, 2006 at 3:21 PM
    • #1,139

    looks quite good. is it a photorealistic contest or more a cartoon themed one?

    anyway: waiting for your texturing. loopflow could be better at some places, but all over its okay

  • Sa74n
    • August 31, 2006 at 4:57 PM
    • #1,140

    you should modify it to fit into the style of the incredlibles. is already somewhat close. i like it

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 2 Guests
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™