1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

[CS:GO] de_'village'. Need some feedback on layout. (WIP)

  • jusezz
  • December 10, 2014 at 2:27 PM
  • jusezz
    • December 10, 2014 at 2:27 PM
    • #1

    Hello! Recently I figured out that level-designing is really interesting, so I decided to start my first own project with temporary name de_'village'. Here is a layout. By playing ~5-10 rounds with bots I found that this have a nice timings. But I'm stuck with connecting paths, maybe you will give me some general advices.


    The whole middle will be inside a large house, with 2 exits to B, upper (balcony) and lower (doors). Other parts is an outside area. A - some kind of food (now not only food, but ammo) storage, and B - CT's temporary ammo storage too. By the way, the current map size is ~3424x4700 Hammer units.


    Problems that I found while solo/bot testing:

    - map feels really small (but if I increase the size, choke-point timings will more than 10-11 sec)

    - can't find some interesting connecting paths (I think it's because map have really small space between mid and sites)

  • Vaya
    • December 10, 2014 at 2:58 PM
    • #2

    More vertical height is the easiest way to make a map more 'complex' and add some dynamism to it

  • Mvllsk
    • December 10, 2014 at 2:59 PM
    • #3

    Don't get me wrong, but so far, by just looking at the overlay, I cannot make out anything interesting to the map.

    It's one path to A, one Path to B and an open Mid with a corridor to B and one path towards CT. The map lacks some alternative routes, otherwise you can only do little execution as a T on this map.

  • JeanPaul
    • December 10, 2014 at 10:52 PM
    • #4

    Wayyy too many 90 degree angles.


    EDIT: The map is literally all 90 degree angles. Get some variance in there!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™