1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. omega322

Posts by omega322

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • omega322
    • October 25, 2008 at 6:45 AM

    Lately I wanted to bring a "F.E.A.R." isc feeling to the hl2 genra without those random "lol zombie is there then gone" scare tactics and I think I got a good part down .

    [Blocked Image: http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f264/omega322/floor_reflect_test0007.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f264/omega322/floor_reflect_test0006.jpg]

    So yeah it looks like your average not so well lit Room, but what's this? what do you see in the floors reflection?

    [Blocked Image: http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f264/omega322/floor_reflect_test0011.jpg]

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • omega322
    • October 13, 2008 at 9:48 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f264/omega322/wip_pool.jpg]

    I'm working on a a prefab for 2 floors in a hotel, the top floor will feature a pool and rec. area, the one below will feature a boiler room on one side and some cheap living quarters on the other, what would you guys recommend for a nice clear looking water that doesn't bleed on the edges? (notice twords the left on the water at the edge you see some Lighter green? that's bleeding colors that arent there)

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • omega322
    • September 13, 2008 at 9:35 PM

    Did someone delete my post ?

    Like I said before I lowerd the Bloom, removed most of the DoF and tweaked the color correction.

    [Blocked Image: http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f264/omega322/lightmapping0002.jpg]

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • omega322
    • September 13, 2008 at 7:01 PM
    Quote from aevirex

    That's just bloom, dof and color correction. Don't know why this should be on par with Crysis tbh.

    Thank you for stating the obvious, Now i'll ask again, What can I do to improve?

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • omega322
    • September 13, 2008 at 12:22 AM

    Trying to master Shadows in HL2 to the point of Crysis Qaulity,You likes?

    [Blocked Image: http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f264/omega322/lightmapping0003.jpg]

    Ignore the props and stuff, just focus on Shadow and lighting, what needs to be learned/fixed?

  • Baguet Map Pack

    • omega322
    • September 4, 2008 at 11:00 AM

    Do you guys have a projected release date?

  • [TF2] Cp_factory

    • omega322
    • September 2, 2008 at 2:06 AM

    First off your map looks really good, one detail I would change is on the screen cap in the tunnels you have railroad tracks laying on the ground and several rocks forimh over them, move the rocks to the side or something away from the tracks, secondly What is the password to the server?

  • Following Concept designs

    • omega322
    • August 29, 2008 at 9:57 AM

    I forget his name but a current level designer recently posted in his blog how he prepares to make a level before hand. One of those ways is collecting various concept art designs and later going back to them for insperation, I thought I would try and follow suit, I have been working with hammer for roughly a year+ and want to know what you think I should add/remove.

    [Blocked Image: http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f264/omega322/sewer-octagon-SBoxer.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f264/omega322/work_2.jpg]

    If there are any tutorials on things you think I should learn, point them out for me, that would be awesome.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™