1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Psyshokiller

Posts by Psyshokiller

  • Q4 MP - Yan's Test

    • Psyshokiller
    • January 9, 2008 at 11:00 PM

    Great work Method.

    There are just minor things that could have been improved, for example those steel beams/arcs could look so much better with just 3 patches more on each one, to give it dimension. Draws had a few peaks here and there but overall it batched well.

    Also, I really like the reflecting puddle you did there. It's a pity you couldn't use it, guess due to the high draws it's producing. It could have been used as a little gameplay element.

    The readme says you applyed to ID. How did it went?

  • Mapcore Trojan

    • Psyshokiller
    • January 6, 2008 at 11:54 AM
    Quote from Wunderboy

    What in the name of Kip F*ckington. I'm getting it now with Firefox.

    Got exactly the same box.

  • totally random texture thread

    • Psyshokiller
    • January 3, 2008 at 10:58 PM

    Indeed, that's the reason I asked. Would be hell of a task to paint this.

    Can you show us the normalmaps aswell? (if you made some)

  • totally random texture thread

    • Psyshokiller
    • January 3, 2008 at 9:46 PM

    Sweet stuff Pomperi. How much handpainting was involved in the second texture? I ask because you once said you handpaint most of your textures.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Psyshokiller
    • December 31, 2007 at 12:20 PM

    That moss definately ehances the look and adds to the atmosphere. The original screens lacked something and it seems like you found a good way to fix this issue.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Psyshokiller
    • December 30, 2007 at 2:24 PM
    Quote from BJA

    Psyshokiller (isn't it supposed to be "Psychokiller ? o.O.)

    It's supposed to be Psyschokiller. When I was signing up on mapcore my "c key" didn't react , without me noticing it (saw it later on).

    Can some admin fix this please?

  • Christmas Presents

    • Psyshokiller
    • December 29, 2007 at 1:46 PM

    The Hows and Why's of the Games Industry

    Level design for games by Phil Co

    2x 1GB kingston hyperX ram

    money

    chocolate

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Psyshokiller
    • December 28, 2007 at 11:48 PM

    Looking good so far BJA ! Some of the textures appear to have a quite noisy normalmap/heightmap.

    Hope these rooms will evolve to something bigger.

    Post more often buddy!

  • UT3 DM-Elevation by warby release !

    • Psyshokiller
    • December 21, 2007 at 5:47 PM

    That's the most strange "review" I've ever read. :roll:

  • ctf_quarry [release]

    • Psyshokiller
    • December 12, 2007 at 9:52 PM

    Sweet! Definately worth the spotlight.

  • got virus = harddrive gone

    • Psyshokiller
    • December 12, 2007 at 9:49 PM

    O&O offers solution for recovering data. Guess it's not hard to find on google.

  • Graphics Tablets

    • Psyshokiller
    • December 12, 2007 at 10:35 AM

    The graphire 4 xl classic is A5 sized and quite affordable. Great thing

  • totally random texture thread

    • Psyshokiller
    • December 11, 2007 at 11:04 PM

    I think the wallpaper could use a tiny bit of more contrast or saturation.

    The wooden part looks like carved out of a single piece of wood, maybe you can give it a more coherent look by adding some kind of trim along the horizontal and vertial lines bewtween those squares.

  • The random model thread!

    • Psyshokiller
    • December 11, 2007 at 10:55 PM

    Nice to see you posting here again michi! How are you and the offspring doing?

    The building looks good but while looking at the windows, the scale seems a bit off.

  • The new year is coming...

    • Psyshokiller
    • December 10, 2007 at 5:47 PM
    Quote from st0lve

    I now have a mission for 2008, watch the entire 2girls1cup movie.Mission: Impossible.

    So you're gonna watch it over and over?

  • HL2 sdk update tomorrow morning

    • Psyshokiller
    • December 10, 2007 at 5:41 PM

    It may be easyer but you will most likely want normalmapped models, which means high and lowpoly modeling and baking. That can be a painful process for the beginning either. Depends ofc.

  • No Country for Old Men

    • Psyshokiller
    • December 8, 2007 at 4:37 PM

    Did you guys notice the music playing in the background on that page? Reminds me of the Kane and Lynch music from the trailers.

  • The new year is coming...

    • Psyshokiller
    • December 8, 2007 at 4:44 AM

    2007 has been a great year. I learned so many new things and improved my skills. Personally, I think I changed a lot in the way I see things.

    Quote from Sentura

    2008: start of my industry career and finish off my portfolio ...and uh, maybe a gf if i ever get time for one of those

    Same here.

    I'm looking foreward to live the way I want and work in the game industry. Hope I can start to do some fitness again.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Psyshokiller
    • December 8, 2007 at 12:45 AM

    Those minor changes add alot to the atmosphere I'd say.

  • go-kart model

    • Psyshokiller
    • December 7, 2007 at 2:39 PM

    Great site.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™