1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. SnipaMasta

Posts by SnipaMasta

  • The random model thread!

    • SnipaMasta
    • July 19, 2007 at 3:05 PM

    Next gen?!

    The only thing I don't like is the thickness, apart from that I think it looks great. Maybe too many polys on the knob, though.

  • [HL2DM] Streetfight

    • SnipaMasta
    • July 19, 2007 at 11:22 AM

    Jesus christ, this guy comes and says it's his first try and you're all being extremely helpful by bluntly saying it sucks. It's his first try. Quit being assholes.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • SnipaMasta
    • July 13, 2007 at 10:35 PM
    Quote from D3ads

    I thought that the train would look too clean without the litter, perhaps just a little less of it will work rather than cut it out completely?

    Sorry, I should have been more descriptive. I mean the outlines around it are very noticable and it sticks out. Probably an engine limitation though, maybe you could put them on the floor texture or something so they blend a bit better?

  • The random model thread!

    • SnipaMasta
    • July 12, 2007 at 6:58 PM
    Quote from D3ads

    Bianca Beauchamp makes my thing go big.

    Personally I prefer the other SiN girl.

    OL, I think the metal is a bit high poly considering the detail on the concrete block itself. I know the texture isn't yours but it looks pretty low resolution and there's a slight UV problem on the top chamfer.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • SnipaMasta
    • July 12, 2007 at 8:14 AM

    It looks cool - reminds me of the Fastrack CZ level (which I take the railings are from). I think the litter looks a bit out of place, though.

  • PS3 Price Drop in the US

    • SnipaMasta
    • July 9, 2007 at 11:50 AM

    I'd rather have a Wii out of all the consoles. It's the only console that really has 'something' more than the PC.

  • The random model thread!

    • SnipaMasta
    • June 30, 2007 at 1:11 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/2027/g36nfn3.jpg]

  • Testing out my camera.

    • SnipaMasta
    • June 29, 2007 at 6:03 PM

    Problem with RAW files is that the ones the 350D saves only works with Photoshop CS2 (or at least the ones I tried did, unless there's different RAW files you can save). I still use Photoshop CS because after that they removed one of my most-used shortcuts and it's rather annoying to work without it

  • Testing out my camera.

    • SnipaMasta
    • June 29, 2007 at 4:18 PM

    It's also the easiest method . I do mess with manual settings sometimes, but automatic worked fine when I first had the camera so I don't know why it isn't now...

  • Testing out my camera.

    • SnipaMasta
    • June 29, 2007 at 4:06 PM

    I decided to go and test out my camera (Canon EOS 350D with standard lens) - because it's been sent back to Canon twice and I still think there's something wrong with it. But I'll get to that in a moment, firstly - the good pictures:

    [Blocked Image: http://www.d-watts.net/files/Img1.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.d-watts.net/files/Img2.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.d-watts.net/files/Img3.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.d-watts.net/files/Img4.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.d-watts.net/files/Img5.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.d-watts.net/files/Img6.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.d-watts.net/files/Img7.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.d-watts.net/files/Img8.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.d-watts.net/files/Img9.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.d-watts.net/files/Img10.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.d-watts.net/files/Img11.jpg]

    And here are some I noticed that highlight the problems I'm having:

    [Blocked Image: http://www.d-watts.net/files/Imgcrap1.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.d-watts.net/files/Imgcrap2.jpg]

    Basically, first one shows some over-exposure that happens a lot on outdoor photo's, and the second shows it to a lesser degree and some rather over-constrated colours I think. Not really sure what's causing it.

  • The random model thread!

    • SnipaMasta
    • June 25, 2007 at 4:20 PM
    Quote from Sentura

    that's a cool little car. i could be tempted to build something like that in real life

    It already exists . It's called the Atom, and it's made by Aerial motors.

  • [JUNE/JULY CONTEST] Badass weapons!!!

    • SnipaMasta
    • June 21, 2007 at 9:32 PM
    Quote from Minotauro

    I know 300 tris is more than enough, that way people can go wild with their entries.

    Yeah, really wild.

  • Texture Scene 2: Aztec Gold

    • SnipaMasta
    • June 19, 2007 at 10:16 PM

    Agreed with Warby there, some specularity would be nice. Seems bright enough for me though.

  • [WIP] dod_hameau

    • SnipaMasta
    • June 19, 2007 at 10:12 PM

    Don't you mean Y-axis?

  • totally random texture thread

    • SnipaMasta
    • June 8, 2007 at 11:03 PM
    Quote from Sentura

    the last one looks a bit like hl2 stock so i kinda wonder why you did that one ;o

    1.Higher resolution

    2.They may not be for HL2

    They look great, anyway.

  • Post your firefox links bar extravaganza

    • SnipaMasta
    • June 6, 2007 at 2:02 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/9666/firefoxoo4.png]

    (The chinese thingy is for a lot of textures I'm doing atm)

  • The random model thread!

    • SnipaMasta
    • June 6, 2007 at 1:50 AM

    (I hate UV mapping)

    [Blocked Image: http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/118/g11wipzm6.jpg]

    Still rather bland, but any comments welcome. Don't ask for the map sizes, plz.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • SnipaMasta
    • June 3, 2007 at 11:51 AM
    Quote from ifO

    Looks very nice though how about 800x600 next time eh (and a link to hi-res) ?

    This, because remember that even those of us that have 1680X1050 still have the browser and to contend with so it's not possible to see all of it

    As has been said, I think the pipes would benefit from a higher resolution texture.

  • The random model thread!

    • SnipaMasta
    • June 3, 2007 at 10:56 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/7502/g11wipmr6.jpg]

    Working on a G11 - possibly for CSS.

  • totally random texture thread

    • SnipaMasta
    • June 2, 2007 at 12:19 AM
    Quote from hessi

    thats the point where we would need a clear definition

    Well when anyone in a game art community refers to nextgen, it refers to textures using shaders - most often Normal Maps.

    There we go.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™