1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Creative Chat

Testing out my camera.

  • SnipaMasta
  • June 29, 2007 at 4:06 PM
  • SnipaMasta
    • June 29, 2007 at 4:06 PM
    • #1

    I decided to go and test out my camera (Canon EOS 350D with standard lens) - because it's been sent back to Canon twice and I still think there's something wrong with it. But I'll get to that in a moment, firstly - the good pictures:

    [Blocked Image: http://www.d-watts.net/files/Img1.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.d-watts.net/files/Img2.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.d-watts.net/files/Img3.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.d-watts.net/files/Img4.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.d-watts.net/files/Img5.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.d-watts.net/files/Img6.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.d-watts.net/files/Img7.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.d-watts.net/files/Img8.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.d-watts.net/files/Img9.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.d-watts.net/files/Img10.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.d-watts.net/files/Img11.jpg]

    And here are some I noticed that highlight the problems I'm having:

    [Blocked Image: http://www.d-watts.net/files/Imgcrap1.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.d-watts.net/files/Imgcrap2.jpg]

    Basically, first one shows some over-exposure that happens a lot on outdoor photo's, and the second shows it to a lesser degree and some rather over-constrated colours I think. Not really sure what's causing it.

  • hessi
    • June 29, 2007 at 4:14 PM
    • #2

    to prevent over-/underexposure: use manual mode and save images as RAW files. you can tweak exposure in photoshop without quality loss (if you don't make +3 exposure). try it out. the camera you got there is really nice!

    if you don't like the colors then use RAW mode too. you can increase saturation and tweak a lot of other things.

    i think you were using automatic mode which always is the newby way of taking photos. EOS is about controlling every slider and wheel on your own. JPEG images == big suck! they don't offer you the shit you actually need when taking professional photos.

  • SnipaMasta
    • June 29, 2007 at 4:18 PM
    • #3

    It's also the easiest method . I do mess with manual settings sometimes, but automatic worked fine when I first had the camera so I don't know why it isn't now...

  • hessi
    • June 29, 2007 at 4:41 PM
    • #4
    Quote from SnipaMasta

    It's also the easiest method . I do mess with manual settings sometimes, but automatic worked fine when I first had the camera so I don't know why it isn't now...

    if you don't use manual settings please sell your camera D:

    serious: you have so much more options when using manual settings. you dont get over exposure, no wrong focus, correct colors. everything is so much better.

  • e-freak
    • June 29, 2007 at 4:59 PM
    • #5

    Since New Year's eve this year i never again used one of the modes below P on 350's mode-wheel. Hessi back then introduced me the RAW Files (I edit them with the Digital Photo Professional Software on the CD) and it's really kick ass. i don't see any problem with your fotos there - it just seems automeasurement gets the wrong part of the picture as brightnessfactor. Try to set another whitebalance and check what point is measured (Exif Informations).

  • SnipaMasta
    • June 29, 2007 at 6:03 PM
    • #6

    Problem with RAW files is that the ones the 350D saves only works with Photoshop CS2 (or at least the ones I tried did, unless there's different RAW files you can save). I still use Photoshop CS because after that they removed one of my most-used shortcuts and it's rather annoying to work without it

  • hessi
    • June 29, 2007 at 6:25 PM
    • #7
    Quote from SnipaMasta

    Problem with RAW files is that the ones the 350D saves only works with Photoshop CS2 (or at least the ones I tried did, unless there's different RAW files you can save). I still use Photoshop CS because after that they removed one of my most-used shortcuts and it's rather annoying to work without it

    you know that you can set shortcuts manually? the 350D RAW only works with CS2. no CS1 support!

  • e-freak
    • June 29, 2007 at 6:54 PM
    • #8

    if you have a legal copy of cs1 there's a patch (google EOS 350D Photoshop CS RAW

    shit - just read it doesn't work propapbly

  • Sindwiller
    • June 30, 2007 at 10:56 AM
    • #9

    <3 kitties You've got some nice pictures there, Snipa. Plus, a hot camera

  • Dodger
    • June 30, 2007 at 11:05 AM
    • #10

    the cat pics is the best.

    also it looks close to HDR on the screens

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™