1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Nysuatro

Posts by Nysuatro

  • Another Humble Bundle!

    • Nysuatro
    • December 19, 2012 at 9:27 PM

    and I bought it ...

  • Pacific Rim

    • Nysuatro
    • December 13, 2012 at 8:36 AM

    Let's go fishing. Chest bump!

  • What Books inspired you?

    • Nysuatro
    • December 12, 2012 at 9:13 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51DwRSZA-QL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU02_.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.sjpennycook.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/reality_is_broken.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://onviolence.com/images/2009-10/ender.gif]

  • Oblivion

    • Nysuatro
    • December 8, 2012 at 6:53 PM

    Yeah, same here. Not a fan of Tom Cruise, but the concept art looks interesting.

  • Need help getting game studio internship

    • Nysuatro
    • December 6, 2012 at 7:19 PM

    Do you have a portfolio ?

    For what kind of position would you apply?

  • Project Failure

    • Nysuatro
    • December 4, 2012 at 8:01 PM

    I am afraid I was possible not clear enough with the article.

    This is part of a project of mine where I am looking for a different way of making games. What I am researching here is how to use failure to speed up the workflow, allow for experimentation, have more interaction with the user and create more motivation of using the tool.

    With agile development you plan out your whole process and you already know most of the end result before working on it.

    By creating failure as in a form of a challenge, I am putting more focus on the process then on the end result. I want to find out if what the relation is of fun development and the end product. So you end up spending less time planning the end result, but more working on the challenge of making the best out of what you have to start with. The mapping competition where you guys applied some rules as a restriction is a good example. It forced the designer to be more creative and gave some amazing results.

    I hope this makes it a bit more clear

    One of the reasons why I post this publicly is because I want more conversation about this. This whole project is constantly developing and needs to identify itself more. And I want to do this by hearing other peoples reactions and questions.

  • Dishonored

    • Nysuatro
    • December 4, 2012 at 10:23 AM

    I am going to start today on this baby!

  • I'm a dad (again)

    • Nysuatro
    • November 17, 2012 at 11:05 AM

    Congratz

  • 3d Galaxy

    • Nysuatro
    • November 15, 2012 at 9:09 PM

    I feel so tiny ...

  • Post ideas/feedback about new forums here

    • Nysuatro
    • October 29, 2012 at 11:59 AM

    Would it be possible to put more contrast in the :

    • MapCore
    • → General
    • → Off-Topic ?
  • The froyok's tech store

    • Nysuatro
    • October 26, 2012 at 9:33 AM

    (technical artist for the win! )

    Cool work I will be keeping an eye on this topic

  • What have you watched recently?

    • Nysuatro
    • October 26, 2012 at 9:29 AM

    Same here. was impressed with Looper

  • The Natural Selection 2 Thread

    • Nysuatro
    • October 25, 2012 at 6:13 PM

    What streams are you guys talking about?

  • The Natural Selection 2 Thread

    • Nysuatro
    • October 25, 2012 at 11:49 AM

    Yes please

  • Mapcore CSGO Server

    • Nysuatro
    • October 25, 2012 at 9:19 AM

    Hell yeah!

  • [Feature] Interview with Jean-Paul Jarreau, Black Mesa level designer

    • Nysuatro
    • October 24, 2012 at 2:19 PM

    Nice article, has been nice seeing your skills evolve so much the last years.

  • F1 Race Stars

    • Nysuatro
    • October 24, 2012 at 2:15 PM

    Gameplay trailer!

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • Iron Man 3 Teaser trailer for trailer teaser

    • Nysuatro
    • October 23, 2012 at 9:35 PM

    Now that is a sexy trailer

  • The Art of the first game job.

    • Nysuatro
    • October 23, 2012 at 9:35 PM

    This industry is changing, evolving too much to have a standard.

  • The Art of the first game job.

    • Nysuatro
    • October 21, 2012 at 8:10 PM

    I would not care too much about good criticism .. If you have too much good criticism, it means you are not pushing yourself to make mistakes.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™