1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Erratic

Posts by Erratic

  • HL2 sdk update tomorrow morning

    • Erratic
    • November 13, 2007 at 2:28 PM
    Quote from dux

    Who uses Vgui model browser anyway. All it ever does is crash and mess up.

    Amazingly, it seems to work better now than before. Though the standard folder browser is still faster than it

  • Gears of war pc?

    • Erratic
    • November 11, 2007 at 4:40 PM

    I picked it up a few days ago mainly for the editor. I haven't too many issues with it you except one crash which went away with a Windows Live ID Update. I was going to try to throw a little mp map together once I find the time between other stuff.

  • totally random texture thread

    • Erratic
    • November 11, 2007 at 2:35 AM

    How 'bout a mini-work through of that texture as well Pomperi?

  • HL2 sdk update tomorrow morning

    • Erratic
    • November 11, 2007 at 1:17 AM
    Quote from PogoP

    Yar. Happens to me all the time ._.

    Before or after the new updates? I was never getting this before the last few days

  • HL2 sdk update tomorrow morning

    • Erratic
    • November 10, 2007 at 11:21 PM

    Anyone else getting disconnected after about a minute when testing their map locally? Not sure if it's sdk/map related or what...

  • Assassin's Creed Launch Countdown

    • Erratic
    • November 10, 2007 at 7:47 PM

    I read that jumping was automated. This really started to turn me off. I don't like to rush to conclusions about stuff I haven't played, but come on. What good can come of that?

    (Don't cite Zelda )

  • What old games are you playing?

    • Erratic
    • November 8, 2007 at 2:01 AM

    oldest game i've played recently is Shadow of the Colossus on hard mode, and that barely counts.

  • dod_dogsector

    • Erratic
    • November 7, 2007 at 10:36 PM

    Holy hell, that looks massive. I'll check it out soon.

  • HL2 sdk update tomorrow morning

    • Erratic
    • November 7, 2007 at 8:58 PM

    Yay, someone is in the same boat as me

  • HL2 sdk update tomorrow morning

    • Erratic
    • November 7, 2007 at 8:40 PM

    It's sorta working for me, but only props are getting lit

  • HL2 sdk update tomorrow morning

    • Erratic
    • November 7, 2007 at 2:48 PM

    Oh shit, this has the lighting preview?

  • HL2 sdk update tomorrow morning

    • Erratic
    • November 7, 2007 at 4:27 AM

    Yay, awesome news.

    It seems Mapcore is long overdue for a contest.

    'Best Portal Map', anybody?

  • Automatic Texture Update

    • Erratic
    • November 4, 2007 at 6:49 PM

    The video link is crashing IE/Firefox

  • UT3 Demo leaked early!!

    • Erratic
    • November 1, 2007 at 12:37 AM

    Little late to this thread but oh well. I'm pretty damn impressed at how well my system handled this. I cranked the video settings that are available at a res of 1280x960 and it ran very playable. 25-30 fps avg. A few drops here or there but nothing too bad. I was really expecting this to destroy my system. My score wasn't all that hot from what I recall.

    Visually, everything seems great from far back, but I find myself agreeing with Method a bit here. When you start taking a closer look at some of textures and details, it's lacking in areas. Nothing that brings the quality down too much really, but it's something I found myself noticing even while playing the game. Still, I'm impressed. Definitely going to pick up Gears again for the PC now

  • Kane & Lynch to come out 1 week earlier, November 14th

    • Erratic
    • October 31, 2007 at 10:04 PM

    Another game to decide 'PC or 360?'

  • The random model thread!

    • Erratic
    • October 30, 2007 at 1:21 AM

    haha that's an awesome squirrel.

  • Street Fighter 4 confirmed!

    • Erratic
    • October 20, 2007 at 6:25 PM
    Quote from D3ads

    It'll be shit, just look at the 3D Mortal Kombat games...

    But was Mortal Kombat ever really that good in the first place? II was ok, the rest were pretty bad.

  • Hellgate London Demo!

    • Erratic
    • October 20, 2007 at 2:37 AM

    I enjoyed it despite the rough visuals and the gameplay not going above and beyond. It's simple and heavily steeped in the Diablo design but I don't think anyone can be caught off guard by that knowing even a bit about the developer's history. I'll probably pick it up a little after release once a few friends have gotten around to grabbing it and it's been patched up.

  • Orange box - Zero Ponctuation review

    • Erratic
    • October 19, 2007 at 3:39 AM

    Portal definitely is the most satisfying per square inch, but the value of TF2 can't be matched. It's just too fun.

  • Street Fighter 4 confirmed!

    • Erratic
    • October 19, 2007 at 3:32 AM
    Quote from Thrik

    I guess what I was thinking of is something that'd pretty much necessitate a split-screen view, with you having absolute control over your guy in the arena, maybe similar-looking to Assassin's Creed. That or some very clever camera work that only splits off when absolutely necessary (ie: very far apart).

    I'm getting flashes of Power Stone with that description. Not really fighters in the classic sense but they did some interesting things. Smash Bros. steps close to diving over that line between fighter & beat-em up as well, but they still have something of a move set for their characters. And they're basically 2D.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™