Posts by Zyn
-
-
At first it didn't work, and all I did was restarting Hammer and I can only get preview with light_spot:
[Blocked Image: http://www.shatteredminds.net/skit/lettherebelight.jpg]
And most materials doesn't seem to like getting light and just stay full-bright.
-
Mike have a lot of work to do tonite. Send your rants this way : [email protected]
-
Adding "-engine ep1" to the startup parameters for SourceSDK will launch the old stuff.
-
Still it's better than nothing, but I'm curious if it takes light through glass and stuff as well, so it's not entirelly blocked off by any kind of brushes.
-
Morning at Valve = around Christmas? D:
-
It's a very sad day for Scandinavia. And as always; games didn't do it, a severe mental instability did it.
-
Gentlemen, start your engines.
-
Kane & Lynch : Hitman
oh sh-
-
My stapfathers mother have a farm, and they have a garage with gravel floor where they park their machines

-
So what's the point in having hardware with DX10-support if you can just run it just fine on DX9

... my 8800gts just cried a little on the inside ...
-
The first thing that comes to my mind iiiissss ... HalfQuake : http://farm.muddasheep.com/cgi-bin/farm ... _project=7
-
I still havn't found myself grinding the same mobs over and over in Tabula Rasa. The only time I have to engage in combat with the same mobs is cause they are near an objective or whatever I need to get to. Defending and assaulting outposts (controlled by a central Control Point) is nice and rewarding, giving you modification-schematics for weapons and the like (+crit, +resistance, steal armor\health, etc).
Currently there is no sort of "Auction House" in the game but there are placeholders, so it's coming. Maybe cause there is very little need for it right now, as you get most weapons and such of missions. Heck, you even get "epic quality" weapons and armor of lvl20~ quests. And you get a long way with them.
Throughout the game you collect so called Logos which are needed to activate powers, and you usually get missions from a certain NPC in each zone that points you to where they are located, so you don't have to search under every rock to find them.
As for instances in the game, the amount of NPCs to fight increase with every partymember. The more you are, the more there is to shoot at. The lootsystem is by default Greed (automatically rolls between 1-100 and the one with the highest number wins the item), but there is more of course, like class-based loot (i.e. Sappers get Mech Armor & Polarity drops, Commandos get Graviton Armor and Launcher drops, etc etc).
So far I'm enjoying it, but god damn ... what sadistic bastard made the Warnet mobs? Tiny small birds that shoot lightning from their beaks and rip you to shreds, and they take too much damage!
-
I can run it at maximum settings but then of course perfomance takes a massive kick to the nuts.
-
DX10 being better than DX9 is bollocks. If you're on Vista, open Games through the startmenu (Standard menu, not Classic), and rightclick on the Crysis SP Demo and you can select "PlayDX9" to play it in DX9 mode, with significant perfomance improvement.
And here's how you get DX9 "High" setting to match "Very High" ... TWEAKS! : http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=101089
EDIT: A screenshot with the tweaks in DX9-mode:
[Blocked Image: http://www.shatteredminds.net/skit/crysis_dx9_tweaked.jpg]
-
-
http://montyoum.gametrailers.com/gamepad/index.php
Pretty god damn awesome fan-made action.
-
My 'Call of Duty 4 Demo" gallery of screenshots : http://www.shatteredminds.net/galleries ... &gallery=6
-
They both have some connections.
-
Did anyone almost shat bricks when the green Antlion Guard came after you in those narrow caves? I was thinking "Oh god, oh god, oh god, oh god..." when I ran like hell and could feel it just behind my back.