1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Duff-e

Posts by Duff-e

  • Firearms|Source Released

    • Duff-e
    • July 23, 2010 at 9:46 PM

    I just came back to say you should get a torrent up or something. I would seed it for a little while.

    It's been 15 minutes and I'm not even at 50%

  • Firearms|Source Released

    • Duff-e
    • July 23, 2010 at 9:32 PM

    I was just thinking about firearms a couple days ago. One of my favorite HL mods. Will check it out

  • Breaking Bad

    • Duff-e
    • July 23, 2010 at 3:17 AM

    I got the impression Breaking Bad was AMC's answer to the success of Weeds on Showtime.

    I didn't really care for weeds so I figured I would skip the basic cable knockoff. Maybe one day.

  • The Social Network

    • Duff-e
    • July 22, 2010 at 12:50 AM

    I thought Zodiac was his best film. Kinda weird that he would direct this. It looks like Pirates of Silicon Valley meets Good Will Hunting.

    Most boring film I ever watched was probably The Good Shepherd. It might have been good but I just couldn't stay awake.

    Quote

    just get yourself another palahniuk or andrew kevil wlaker script ffs !!!!!!

    Considering what a flop Choke was I doubt that will ever happen.

  • iPhone 4

    • Duff-e
    • July 21, 2010 at 10:32 AM

    Many of you probably saw this already but apple put up a couple pages addressing the antenna thing

    http://www.apple.com/antenna/

    http://www.apple.com/antenna/testing-lab.html

    [Blocked Image: http://images.apple.com/antenna/images/lab-stargate-chamber-20100715.jpg]

  • Hey kid.. want some... DIGITAL DRUGS?

    • Duff-e
    • July 16, 2010 at 5:20 AM

    I hear those sensory deprivation chambers actually do work even though they sound really stupid.

    [Blocked Image: http://lateralaction.com/base/media/post-images/tank.jpg]

    What I REALLY want though is one of those personal swedish indoor/outdoor saunas. I used one a few months ago and I could live in that thing. It's the climate version of what brown noise does to my brain.

    [Blocked Image: http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2010/02/21/realestate/21cov_span-CA0/21cov_CA0-articleLarge.jpg]

    Quote from Bic-B@ll

    why cant you just take the real thing?

    If I could get away with listening to my drugs instead of paying for and becoming addicted to them I'd be there in a second.

  • Hey kid.. want some... DIGITAL DRUGS?

    • Duff-e
    • July 16, 2010 at 12:40 AM

    ROFL I listened to these about a year ago. Originally I was looking for white noise audio files and ended up on some forum with a huge thread about "audio drugs." It was a huge torrent file...over 10GB of files named shit like LSD, cocaine, marijuana, etc.

    Long story short they're noise and don't do anything but give you a headache. You know what does work though? This: http://simplynoise.com/

    I fall asleep to the brown noise almost every night. I have a bunch of rain/thunder/ocean MP3s too.

  • death?

    • Duff-e
    • July 14, 2010 at 9:56 PM

    I take it none of you have read or are interested in the authors that I listed? Most of them address the stuff you're all talking about without the hippy-dippy "we are all starstuff" conclusions even if they are technically correct (thanks Carl Sagan). There's no right or wrong answer but there are better paths of inquiry for the questions you're asking.

    I disagree with the belief that death is analogous to life before birth. I think we have a tendency to romanticize the universe in a way where everything must be zero-sum from electrons to planets. Being human is an insurmountable handicap that leads us believe in a world defined by our experience and experiments.

    You might say "well, we may not be able to know everything but we have the ability to know SOME things, we owe it to the universe as conscious creatures to explore and create to the best of our abilities" but that's a conversation for religion vs science not death.

    What happens when you die is probably the most important and least important question at the same time.

  • iPhone 4

    • Duff-e
    • July 13, 2010 at 10:06 PM

    That chair does look amazing.

    For the record Aeron chairs and other ergonomic chairs are way overrated. They may look cool and improve your posture but they're far from my definition of comfortable.

  • death?

    • Duff-e
    • July 13, 2010 at 8:12 PM
    Quote from dux

    See this is what keeps me awake at night. Now that I exist, I find it beyond comprehension that I will eventually stop existing. I like being alive.

    I think the approach you're taking can only lead to frustration and anxiety. The argument you're making puts too much weight on your knowledge of what existence is. The language we think and form our questions in is too weak for the world we experience. It's a moot point because we wouldn't have civilization without language but it's important to keep in mind that defining existence is akin to trying to cut down an oak tree with a foam pool noodle.

    We all lay a foundation of assumptions before asking important questions. Questioning the assumptions will give you better results than answering your own questions.

  • death?

    • Duff-e
    • July 13, 2010 at 5:57 PM

    I wasn't raised with a religion and have only been to church 2 or 3 times for funerals so I never really had anything to conform to or rebel against wrt to death.

    When it comes to these "big questions" I just read stuff by Hegel, Kierkegaard, Nietzche, Heidegger, Schopenhauer, Camus, Sartre, Dostoyevsky, Hesse and many others. They never answer the questions but instead create new more interesting ones than "what is death", "what is the meaning of life", etc. I'm very skeptical of any writer or movement that claims to have an answer, even science to an extent.

    In conclusion, I imagine death being similar to the last 20 minutes of 2001 space odyssey, except forever.

    edit: I highly recommend these 2 short stories on death/life/afterlife by Issac Asimov. I'm sure a few of you are already familiar with them. I would read The Last Question first since it was published first.

    1) http://www.multivax.com/last_question.html

    2) http://jasonjackson.com/weblog/2009/12/ ... ac-asimov/

  • iPhone 4

    • Duff-e
    • July 13, 2010 at 7:12 AM

    http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categ ... ies/07472/

    Typing from the most uncomfortable broken chair ever that shit looks mint. There are a bunch on craigslist by me. Do you guys recommend the regular or rocking kind?

  • Pandora Handhelds can be preordered

    • Duff-e
    • July 13, 2010 at 2:16 AM

    The official website: http://open-pandora.org/index.php

  • Pandora Handhelds can be preordered

    • Duff-e
    • July 13, 2010 at 2:08 AM

    They officially started shipping a couple weeks ago and the first reviews are coming in. I was skeptical at first but it actually looks pretty awesome. Check out the recent related videos too.

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

    Pandora/nintendo/sony handhelds, netbooks, kindle/nook, smartphones. And that's just portable stuff. Poor bank account

  • TF2 Engineer update!!!1

    • Duff-e
    • July 9, 2010 at 1:57 AM

    So what if someone doesn't craft during that second gateway when the golden wrench is dropped?

  • TF2 Engineer update!!!1

    • Duff-e
    • July 7, 2010 at 1:27 AM

    I think all the menu changes coincided with the MAC/STEAM thing.

    Do the gold models disappear at the same rate as regular dead models?

  • ITT Post cartoons from the 90's

    • Duff-e
    • July 2, 2010 at 4:39 AM

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

    This was the only show on for the half hour before I went to school for about 3 years.

    Also, holy shit street sharks, what the fuck I'm old.

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Duff-e
    • June 20, 2010 at 5:21 PM

    I had the KP3 for about 6 months before I sold it and replaced it with this:

    [Blocked Image: http://www.midi-classics.com/i/p33123.jpg]

    I found the x-station + reason + logic studio to be a lot more flexible but you can't deny the sexiness of the KP3.

    Later I went full on DAW and got rid of my MPC1000 for a MPD32.

    MPC1000:

    [Blocked Image: http://api.ning.com/files/sfMgn7-7W9fQPYyf0SKPL4DXBZZky8Ma78oDuzAAKRpBobb91GdSh6JvMBAWQkkUxwSYuyObOmBBrqqu26oC-6IzKRcoRDCd/akai_mpc_1000.jpg]

    MPD32:

    [Blocked Image: http://www.synthtopia.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/akai-mpd-32.jpg]

    I agree that it's nearly impossible to make music other people are willing to listen to (I also make bad electronic stuff) but damn if it isn't fun as hell. Also, I'm pretty sure all the toys got me laid at least 3 times so +1 rockstar duffy.

  • 3D gaming (stereoscopic etc kind...) do you care?

    • Duff-e
    • June 16, 2010 at 5:13 AM

    I think most people realize 3D is just corporations selling proprietary hardware while trying to decrease piracy. The benefit to users is minimal going on negative.

    Maybe if they made some major changes in the next year I'd be interested but right now, nah.

  • iPhone 4

    • Duff-e
    • June 10, 2010 at 4:32 PM

    Thief.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™