IR your map makes me cry happiness inside, you must let me test it.
Posts by Thrik
-
-
The only problem with the designated forum is that only authorised representatives can post there. A thread like this could still be useful for word of mouth type stuff, though I guess it'd be even better to have a third recruitment forum for it.
-
Getting one may be all well and good, but it's just too early. The current ones will be made obsolete before long, and it's obviously very experimental stuff. It'd be financial suicide to buy one at the moment unless you're Scrooge McDuck.
-
Give the poor bastard a chance, you haven't seen him act charming yet. It's Bond so needless to say he will.
-
It's kind of cool how people have been saying exactly the same as Swifty for like 40 years. xD
-
Definitely too early to be buying this type of technology in my opinion.
This doesn't fill me with confidence either.
-
Clearly our gaming preferences are almost infinitely seperated, D3. Infinitely.
As for the HL1/HL2 thing, sure; HL1 was a lot better. It was a classic that took storytelling in games to a new level, and was in itself a masterpiece. HL2 is about the closest an FPS has gotten since, though.
I loved the pacing, the presentation, the unfolding of events, all of it. It's just an amazingly well put together game, and to speak ill of it seems almost absurd in my eyes.
What I liked most is that new things were always happening. It never ended up like games such as Quake 4 where it's alright at first, but then you realise you're doing the same shit over and over again. Variety is one of the main reasons I loved HL2 as the balance between repetition and discovery is almost perfectly balanced. -
I actually liked Tomorrow Never Dies as well as Goldeneye, though lots of people seem to hate it — it seemed to have just enough of the old feel for me, but had some modernisation to it too. I didn't like the ones after that at all, though.
As for Daniel Craig, I reckon he'll be pretty good. I watched Layer Cake recently and he can certainly pull off a good role, plus the trailer is basically awesome.
Nice Poster too. xD
-
Doesn't make HL2 not one of the best still though, even if FEAR was pretty good. D;
-
Adventure games are too shit and serious these days. I think they're afraid to try and be funny, or perhaps they're just no good at it.

-
You can't say rubbish like that without backing it up, D3.
I mean, if you were to suggest something like GRIM FANDANGO, then okay, I might be willing to agree, but somehow I doubt your tastes are that exquisite. xD
-
HL2 really is one of the best single-player experiences ever created. Wtf are you talking about D3?
-
Just think of it as an expansion pack, although actual expansion packs usually cost the same as the full game in my experience. This is cheaper and you get a good amount of gameplay. I don't see what the problem is if it results in less waiting between each game.
It's taken them this long just to make one episode. Imagine how long you'd be waiting if they were to them all and release as a full blown expansion. The answer: far too long.
-
Quote from Izuno
Xbox360's code name was Xenon."Xenon" > "Xbox360", but obviously they wanted to keep "Xbox" in the name and not simply call it "Xbox2" because Sony uses the idea of PS1, PS2, PS3, etc...
The other thing about "360" is that Microsoft wanted a more "mass market" console that was "softer" (i.e. more appealing to non hardcore gamers as the Xbox rep was that it was a core gamer platform). So Xbox360 has more egglike and rounded or soft edges on the actual machine, in the logos, in the operating system, in the Microsoft advertising, in the accessories... But it still has "Xbox" in the name so that immediately reminds of us of its "hardcore" roots. So jam them together for "Xbox360" and you have a mass market console that still appeals to the hardcore.
"Xbox360, hardcore for the grognards, yet accessible to the masses."
Now...someone explain "Wii".
Just look at the article you posted in your first post; there's like two paragraphs of writing from Nintendo explaining it. xD
-
It was confirmed ages ago that EA would be handling Valve's future publishing wasn't it? JOr was that just HL2?
Maybe they'll make another deal.
-
-
It was clearly a joke — I don't type with a total lack of grammar when being serious. xD
Thinking about Unreal's map some more, I think it was actually ol' Mikezilla who did its textures. Do you know what I mean, Mikey?

-
I was really impressed by that map Unreal did a few years ago, but I can't remember the name of it or where to look for pics.
It looked similar to Kraftstoff that made it into DOD, but wasn't Kraftstoff. It was still for DOD, though, and I don't think it was ever released. Someone must know what I mean.
-
thx i almost forgot what it looked like
-
As Fletch said, connection issues are most likely the problem unless you are not sufficiently scanning for viruses and spyware. I mentioned NTL's 10mbps as it is notorious at the moment for giving terrible connectivity, so that'd be the first thing I'd look at.
Going over the cap would also probably cause problems. Who knows what NTL does once you do.
Your problem is too generic to really be specific.