1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

xsi origin

  • neotic
  • September 16, 2007 at 10:13 AM
  • neotic
    • September 16, 2007 at 10:13 AM
    • #1

    Hi! Still new to modeling and all... actually I feel a bit like I'm cheating... imported vmf into XSI, trying to save brush faces for the map! Anyways, I've figured out UV mapping and got rid of the faces I need to discard, but I was trying to find out how to translate/move/set the origin of the model peices. Google searches return rather vague results and none really say how to set an origin and XSI help is silent as well. Could someone let me know?

  • ifO
    • September 16, 2007 at 12:28 PM
    • #2

    The origin in all 3D apps is usually the centre of the grid (0,0,0) so simply move your model so that the part you want the origin to be at lies on (0,0,0).

  • neotic
    • September 16, 2007 at 6:01 PM
    • #3

    Ohh I thought the origin was linked with the pivot point (or translate/rotate/scale helpers) and it is off center. Well mmh, I hope thats the case. Thanks!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™