1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

How does one rescale a rigged player model?

  • Waldo
  • August 1, 2007 at 9:16 PM
  • Waldo
    • August 1, 2007 at 9:16 PM
    • #1

    I'm trying to import an animated character model into Maya that is in "FBX" format. I can import it fine, view animations, and even export it to the format I need it in (Collada) with no problems.

    The problem is, he's too small. The engine (Multiverse) wants things in 1 unit = 1 mm format, whereas this guy is 1 unit = 1 meter (I think).

    I've tried scaling him up in Maya, and the mesh scales fine, but not the skeleton. Actually it does look fine in Maya, but on export, the skeleton is not scaled up. The result is a proper sized mesh all "squinched" down onto a tiny skeleton. Amusing, but not what I want.

    So! Any ideas how to rescale a rigged character model, skeleton and all? Polytrans? Some trick of Maya?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™