1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

Unable to compile .mdl using studiomdl

  • Quakis
  • June 16, 2007 at 3:39 AM
  • Quakis
    • June 16, 2007 at 3:39 AM
    • #1

    http://%7boption%7d

    Been reading through the above tutorial and decided to export and convert a quick test model. I've followed it through to the part where I use studiomdl.exe - I can't get the program to start compiling.

    It says to use a command line. I've tried command prompt but it can't find folders in "program files" / I've tried the bar at the top of the folder but it loads up IE / I've tried creating a bat file. The most I get is half a second of a window. I've managed to print screen this but has no errors. My command line goes like so;

    studiomdl.exe "C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\steamapps\deathquakis\sourcesdk\bin\vehicle.qc"

    Nothing. No MDL, no errors/logs. Everything is spelt correctly and folder destination is correct. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

    .qc file; (since it's just a test I've left some things the same)

    $modelname vehicle.mdl

    $surfaceprop "paper"

    $cdmaterials "models"

    $scale 3.5

    $staticprop

    $body studio "vehicle.smd"

    $sequence idle "vehicle_idle" fps 1

  • Quakis
    • June 16, 2007 at 1:58 PM
    • #2

    Update; It can't load filesystem_steam.dll in the sourcesdk\bin\ folder - I copied it in there but again nothing.

    Saw this, http://%7boption%7d

    So I add the game folder in, but it still doesn't want to do anything... Going to take a look at that GuiStudiomdl.exe mentioned.

    Final Edit;

    A conclusion is that is doesn't want to load filesystem_steam.dll. (before you ask as well, steam is loaded)

  • Buddy
    • June 16, 2007 at 4:54 PM
    • #3

    See if You got steam.dll in sourcesdk/bin, if so delete it. If it won't work reinstall SDK.

  • Quakis
    • June 16, 2007 at 7:45 PM
    • #4

    Reinstalling the SDK fixed it. Although I should have tried it anyway, thanks for the help!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™