1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

[Duke3D] Symphony of Orekia

  • Quakis
  • February 12, 2007 at 1:40 AM
  • Quakis
    • February 12, 2007 at 1:40 AM
    • #1

    Name: Symphony of Orekia

    Release Date: May/June Possibly?

    Requires: Duke3d + Eduke32 Port

    Don't expect this thread to be updated every so often. And don't expect many screenshots or details being spilled here either. Just thought I'd make a thread to keep the project in one simple thread. Latest project in development, which has been going through many changes in layout, design and gameplay ideas. I wish to keep details to a minimal amount to not spoil anything before its release. The map however will have gameplay a little similar to the Resident Evil series but will be unrelated to the story. The project was originally planned to be a small release, but things have changed that have made it a little more bigger. New graphics and code will be used throughout the map and tweaked around to keep everything clean. Two new enemies have also been planned, but I won't spoil any of that here at the moment. I plan to keep the player interested throughout the map, adding in some variety and flow between puzzles and battles. You won't be playing Duke either, though no final story has been decided upon. Finally got an idea for the layout that I'm happy with, every room I wish to have. All I need to do now is design each one on paper and create the resources. Still yet to code the new enemies and make their graphics. Things are slowly progressing. Better than nothing.

    Old Main Hall - 06th Dec 06

    Old Dining Hall - 06th Dec 06

    Main Hall - 20th Jan 07

    Dining Hall - 12th Feb 07

  • Sindwiller
    • February 12, 2007 at 9:49 AM
    • #2

    Very nice stuff dude! Keep it up!

    Oldschool ftw

  • Sa74n
    • February 12, 2007 at 11:18 AM
    • #3

    get some nicer lighting in there

  • ifO
    • February 12, 2007 at 3:33 PM
    • #4

    Awesome Quakis

    So is there much of an community for this eduke32?

  • Quakis
    • February 12, 2007 at 3:59 PM
    • #5

    For Duke, yes there is but only a small majority of the community actually map or mod.

  • Quakis
    • February 20, 2007 at 1:41 PM
    • #6

    Small Update;

    Not really much has happened, but I'd like to show that this hasn't died after posting about it. Currently used some old layout ideas and made a few new graphics. Story has been decided on from start to finish.

    Title has also been decided, "Orekia" - it's from an old, abandoned project a few years back. It'll probably mean something in, whatever language but as far as I remember it's made up...

  • Quakis
    • April 5, 2007 at 6:24 PM
    • #7

    Forgot I made a thread about this. Anyway, here's the latest screenshots incase anyone may have missed them. Updated the title and possible release date at top.

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/deathquakis/mansion_025.jpg]

  • Quakis
    • April 12, 2007 at 8:37 PM
    • #8

    Quick Update (copy+pasted from AMC thread)

    AI codes from Deeper are going as planned and quite accurate to my descriptions which is great. Haven't done much mapping lately, except for some graphic editing. I've also tried out making a new look for the pistol, using a 1911 form Hostile Intent, merging it with Duke's hand, tweaking it and then fitting it to the palette. But I haven't fully decided if I will be using new weapon graphics, since I'd rather get the important stuff done first.

    Here's a shot of the first frame;

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/deathquakis/mansion_1911c.jpg]

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™