1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

hammer on linux?

  • dissonance
  • January 16, 2007 at 9:25 PM
  • dissonance
    • January 16, 2007 at 9:25 PM
    • #1

    anyone know of any way to get it running? i'm trying with wine right now, and no luck:

    http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i72/d ... shot-2.png

  • insta
    • January 16, 2007 at 9:41 PM
    • #2

    Try sending a pm to sindwiller, I'm sure he'll compile a kernel for you real quick

  • Sindwiller
    • January 17, 2007 at 10:29 AM
    • #3

    Hi dissonance!

    Well, before we can help you (anyone else using Linux here?^^), we need to know what distro, Wine version (i'd recommend the newest version from source or from an unofficial repository/package for your distro) and Wine patches you use.

    Quote

    Try sending a pm to sindwiller, I'm sure he'll compile a kernel for you real quick Very Happy

    Already done

    Wfr, Sindwiller

  • dissonance
    • January 17, 2007 at 10:43 PM
    • #4

    hi sindwiller!

    ubuntu 6.10, gnome/metacity, wine-0.9.29 (used synaptec to get), and no wine patches.

  • dissonance
    • January 19, 2007 at 11:22 PM
    • #5

    i see you're as stumped as i am.

    think cedega would do it?

  • Sindwiller
    • January 21, 2007 at 11:48 AM
    • #6

    I get the same problem as you have. Hammer seems to run, but when I try to make a empty map, I get the same artifacts as you have. That's because Wine has problems with wrapping most of all WGL functions used with the Win32 API (sadly).

    I don't think Cedega would handle it better. I've tried another OGL modeler for Windows with both Cedega and Wine. Wine gave artifacts like on the screenshot; Cedega could'nt even get the program over loading.

    EDIT: And Wine kinda needs 99% CPU to keep Hammer alive.

    Did you tried Quark on Linux yet? It has HL2 support... but I never tried it myself.

    http://quark.planetquake.gamespy.com/

    http://quark.planetquake.gamespy.com/in ... linux.html

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™