1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

freelancing prices?

  • General Vivi
  • December 3, 2006 at 5:47 AM
  • General Vivi
    • December 3, 2006 at 5:47 AM
    • #1

    i know steppen started a thread a bit back on asking for suggestions on a low poly model and prices. I was just wondering what kind of price range a model like this might be .

    [Blocked Image: http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/2208/ticketmachine01oj1.jpg]

    140 poly

    1024 x 1024 texture with spec and normal map

    normaly i realize that it would be a 512 skin but i am doign this for personal work and im just tryign to get an idea.

    -vivi

  • atrocity
    • December 3, 2006 at 6:39 AM
    • #2

    I think it usually depends on your hours and your employer. I know people who give a flat rate of how many hours and how much they get paid. I know some people who say I would like this much and this is how long I will take to do it. If it comes out fastand finished it's your loss, if it takes you a lot longer and more work then you may have to up your cost.

    I would get a feel for who you are working with, how long until they want the project returned and try to make a safe guestimate from there. I mean you have great work so I think you may be able to charge a little more because of your qaulity.

  • General Vivi
    • December 3, 2006 at 5:45 PM
    • #3

    ok thanks for the advice

  • ⌐■_■
    • December 3, 2006 at 5:48 PM
    • #4

    yeah your quality is definitly verry good!

    dont know much about pricing and charging though..

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™