1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

July Low Poly Modelling Challenge:

  • The Postman
  • July 3, 2006 at 11:50 PM
  • Steppenwolf
    • July 8, 2006 at 10:06 AM
    • #21

    im against normal maps. the contest would be too time consuming for my taste.

  • Steppenwolf
    • July 8, 2006 at 1:03 PM
    • #22
    Quote from Pericolos0

    I've always seen this as makeing models for the handheld generation of games, i support rendering your model like they would look on nintendo DS

  • dissonance
    • July 9, 2006 at 4:21 AM
    • #23

    [Blocked Image: http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i72/dissonance_ms/wooosh.jpg]

    WOOSH

  • Polaris
    • July 9, 2006 at 4:27 AM
    • #24

    That looks like the orca from C&C

  • dissonance
    • July 9, 2006 at 4:40 AM
    • #25
    Quote from Polaris

    That looks like the orca from C&C

    never played that far p.s.: if anyone knows a great deal about UV unwrapping in blender, drop meh a line.

  • von*ferret
    • July 9, 2006 at 4:42 AM
    • #26

    You dont HAVE to do normals. But why restrict people who want to learn?

  • dissonance
    • July 9, 2006 at 5:28 AM
    • #27

    i cant get texturing in blender.

    fuck it.

  • mdS
    • July 9, 2006 at 1:08 PM
    • #28

    my piece of shit.. a hover speedglider with 248 Tris

    going over to texturing now.. this will be fun..

    [Blocked Image: http://www.kaypoprawe.com/chillout_products/lowpoly/hovergliderModelWip1.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.kaypoprawe.com/chillout_products/lowpoly/hovergliderModelWip2.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.kaypoprawe.com/chillout_products/lowpoly/hovergliderModelWip3.jpg]

    really funny competition.

    cheers,

    mdS

  • mdS
    • July 9, 2006 at 5:40 PM
    • #29

    Finished Hover Cab

    [Blocked Image: http://www.kaypoprawe.com/chillout_products/lowpoly/hovercab.jpg]

    edit:

    Updated Maya Screenshots with 256x256 Texture.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.kaypoprawe.com/chillout_products/lowpoly/hovercab2.jpg]

    cheers,

    mdS

  • st0lve
    • July 9, 2006 at 6:37 PM
    • #30

    WIP

    [Blocked Image: http://img414.imageshack.us/img414/3443/hover9iw.jpg]

    With a mohawk D:

    But I got 60 polys left that I need to use for something

    [Blocked Image: http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/3572/017ni.jpg]

    WIP skin.

  • Meotwister
    • July 9, 2006 at 11:15 PM
    • #31

    alpha map some clouds.

    mds I like that a lot! Nice

  • The Postman
    • July 9, 2006 at 11:18 PM
    • #32

    That is AWESOME, MDS. I simply love the design and texture.

    Wow, this contest is shaping up with some great entries.

  • mdS
    • July 9, 2006 at 11:57 PM
    • #33

    thx! if i have some freetime left. i try a second entry for this competition.

  • KungFuSquirrel
    • July 10, 2006 at 12:52 AM
    • #34

    I wanted to try for a cab-styled thing like the IRIS guy drives in BG&E, but then I realized I suck too much to pull it off.

  • The Postman
    • July 10, 2006 at 1:22 AM
    • #35

    [Blocked Image: http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/7826/spaceracer4ol.jpg]

    Done!

    edit:

    [Blocked Image: http://img462.imageshack.us/img462/4750/spaceracer23tx.jpg]

    another view

  • KungFuSquirrel
    • July 10, 2006 at 1:25 AM
    • #36

    I demand an underside shot!

    Love this one.

    Edit: jerk.

  • mdS
    • July 10, 2006 at 1:49 AM
    • #37

    Really Nice Postman. Like it. But u cheat, using a 256x256 Texture is not a fine start to win a competition.

    p.s.

    No Problem, had seen u changed the texture resolution in the competition rulez. But why the *beeep* ?!

  • KoKo5oVaR
    • July 10, 2006 at 1:53 AM
    • #38

    superb work mds and posty

    256*256. finally. H O O R A Y

  • The Postman
    • July 10, 2006 at 1:55 AM
    • #39
    Quote from mdS

    Really Nice Postman. Like it. But u cheat, using a 256x256 Texture is not a fine start to win a competition. p.s.

    No Problem, had seen u changed the texture resolution in the competition rulez. But why the *beeep* ?!

    I actually meant to change the texture size at the beginning of this month's contest. I forgot to change that when I copy/pasted the rules from last month.

  • FictiousWill
    • July 10, 2006 at 3:10 AM
    • #40

    That's a brilliant craft, Postman. Especially with the drawn texturemap details - very nicely done.

    I love that taxicab, mdS. Reminds me of the 5th element. Truth be told, you inspired me:

    Here's a new entry for me: a hover squad car

    I just took screenshots of the 3ds viewports this time, so these are realtime renders with mipping and whatnot, just like you'd see on a DS.

    [Blocked Image: http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/5444/hoverpoliceshowcase1bm.jpg]

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™