1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

Bunker Scene

  • von*ferret
  • February 14, 2006 at 6:30 PM
  • von*ferret
    • February 14, 2006 at 6:30 PM
    • #1

    [Blocked Image: http://studentpages.scad.edu/~zaford20/Bunker_Master.jpg]

    WIP gotta finish a lot of crap still =(

  • Grinwhrl
    • February 14, 2006 at 6:52 PM
    • #2

    looking great.

    I see you changed the building from an L to a more barn style look.

  • von*ferret
    • February 14, 2006 at 7:14 PM
    • #3

    yeah, I modeled garage doors and have more refinery stuff on the right side along with silo like things. But this render's ambient occlusion took for ever so I'll update later.

    btw sorry for the huge file size, I forgot to resize lol

  • RD
    • February 14, 2006 at 7:52 PM
    • #4

    but why is it in russia? with palmtrees?

  • Skjalg
    • February 14, 2006 at 8:15 PM
    • #5

    A russian sign does not mean its in russia It just means that its on russia-occupied territory

    btw, it looks awesome..

  • KoKo5oVaR
    • February 14, 2006 at 9:58 PM
    • #6

    The roof of the building on the right needs more subdivisions in my opinion, also your lighting doesn't focus

    the eye on the bunker it's a bit too dark.

    That's the only things i can spot, everything else is really good

  • Section_Ei8ht
    • February 14, 2006 at 10:14 PM
    • #7

    looks like something out of doom 3. Not sure if thats good or bad.

    I like it.

  • CyanideCotdPnuts
    • February 14, 2006 at 10:45 PM
    • #8

    In my opinion,. you need more wear and tear on your buildings. Too clean cut.

  • PhilipK
    • February 15, 2006 at 12:14 AM
    • #9

    Looking really good so far fetter.

    I especially like the whole pipe structure.

  • Minos
    • February 15, 2006 at 4:23 AM
    • #10

    Nice progress ferret! But if you are aiming at making it look real you should smooth out those edges, specially on the roofs. Besides that, the street texture looks a bit too blurry, it'd be neat if you make a high-res street texture with cracks and wet spots (also, some specular on the windows and on the pipes wouldn't hurt at all)

    Keep it up m8!

  • von*ferret
    • February 15, 2006 at 8:27 PM
    • #11

    updated

  • insta
    • February 15, 2006 at 10:13 PM
    • #12

    The lighting is very cool, but I'm not sure about that camo-net over the bunker. It's a concrete bunker in the middle of a concrete landscape, so I don't think it would fool any attackers. Also, the outlining rope looks very rigid.

  • von*ferret
    • February 15, 2006 at 10:20 PM
    • #13

    Well you're not very fun!

  • Minos
    • February 15, 2006 at 11:00 PM
    • #14

    ah awesome stuff ferret! I agree with insta about the camo-net though, it looks really out of place.

  • kleinluka
    • February 16, 2006 at 4:24 AM
    • #15
    Quote from insta

    The lighting is very cool, but I'm not sure about that camo-net over the bunker. It's a concrete bunker in the middle of a concrete landscape, so I don't think it would fool any attackers. Also, the outlining rope looks very rigid.

    I agree, I couldn't even tell what the black line was until insta brought up "outlining rope". I'd remove the camo netting. You need a few big cylindrical chimneys in the back with black smoke rising up from them (greyish concrete with red stripes on it would be cool)

    Looks pretty cool so far, and yeah- smoothen out the roof a bit. A few more subdivisions won't hurt GJ

  • von*ferret
    • February 16, 2006 at 5:47 AM
    • #16

    damn I reallyliked the camo netting, as did a lot of people here. But I can totaly see why yall dont like it. For tommorow (when this is kinda due) I'm going to keep it, however I'll probably remove it for the final piece at the end of the quarter. I'm goign to clean up a lot of the surroundings for the final piece and stuff.

    Klein I havn't worked with particles at ALL, but I did add more towers.

  • kleinluka
    • February 16, 2006 at 6:43 AM
    • #17

    i was talking about something like this btw:

    [Blocked Image: http://www.gerardchimney.com/chimney.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38182000/jpg/_38182658_chimney_150.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://thumb.shutterstock.com/photos2/display_pic_with_logo/10642/10642,1121043602,1.jpg]#

    [Blocked Image: http://www.indchimney.com/images/pic_1.jpg]

  • von*ferret
    • February 16, 2006 at 7:54 AM
    • #18

    Yeah I got something like that added. I was gonig to go in and add those pipes like you wanted but I simply ran out of time. BF2 tommorow klein.

  • Zacker
    • February 16, 2006 at 3:31 PM
    • #19

    Looks really nice fetter! The mix of a nice sunset with palms and then the industry stuff fits well together.

  • Taylor Swift
    • February 16, 2006 at 7:00 PM
    • #20

    I ordinary never go to the model gallery threads..

    This looks very good, nice combination with textures, it's nice lighting and it looks smooth.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™