1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

[WIP] SV-98 Russian, 7.62mm (uodate, started texture)

  • CyanideCotdPnuts
  • November 13, 2005 at 5:28 AM
  • CyanideCotdPnuts
    • November 13, 2005 at 5:28 AM
    • #1

    Started this today. I

    [Blocked Image: http://tinypic.com/fmq8uh.jpg]

    And here's a wire, unoptimized as of now since I'm not worrying about it at this point.

    [Blocked Image: http://tinypic.com/fmq91v.jpg]

  • von*ferret
    • November 13, 2005 at 5:31 AM
    • #2

    looks alright. Texture it than I'll critique.

  • CyanideCotdPnuts
    • November 16, 2005 at 2:53 AM
    • #3

    For the most part, it's almost done. I just have to do the bolt, and add some small things in. the polycount is somewhere around 3872 or something like that, without optimization. Hopefully I'll be able to cut that number down by at least 500.

    [Blocked Image: http://tinypic.com/fpat5x.jpg]

  • mike-0
    • November 16, 2005 at 2:57 AM
    • #4

    looks badass

  • The Postman
    • November 16, 2005 at 4:15 AM
    • #5

    sexy is as sexy does :chap:

  • CyanideCotdPnuts
    • November 24, 2005 at 11:07 PM
    • #6

    [Blocked Image: http://tinypic.com/hsp1tj.jpg]

    Sorry for the lack of updates, I've been busy alot w/ school and a new job.

  • KoKo5oVaR
    • November 25, 2005 at 12:08 AM
    • #7

    can we see a wire ?

  • CyanideCotdPnuts
    • November 30, 2005 at 2:40 AM
    • #8

    Ok, well I started texturing today (as shitty as I am) as I have managed to fully UV this beast, aside from one or two faces that I probably forgot such as the backface of the silencer. Here is what I have so far, it's the base stuff.

    [Blocked Image: http://tinypic.com/i1ll6r.jpg]

    This is it applied to what I have been working on.

    [Blocked Image: http://tinypic.com/i1lmy0.jpg]

  • CyanideCotdPnuts
    • December 5, 2005 at 11:06 PM
    • #9

    [Blocked Image: http://tinypic.com/i6l3b8.jpg]

    A little update on how the wood is looking, I haven't finished lighting, but I desaturated it alot and kind of defined some of the overlay a little more. It's a little darker and less saturated color compared to my refs, but I think it looks better.

  • The Postman
    • December 5, 2005 at 11:32 PM
    • #10

    Much smaller grain on the wood needed, I think.

  • CyanideCotdPnuts
    • December 5, 2005 at 11:55 PM
    • #11

    [Blocked Image: http://tinypic.com/i6mcjn.jpg]

    Negative.

  • von*ferret
    • December 6, 2005 at 1:10 AM
    • #12

    the grain in the pic is much smaller I think. BUt the paint pattern on it makes it seem different. Either way what looks better inthe long run? The ultra realistic approach or what simplylooks better? Realism loses its strength when it starts taking away from fun.

  • Steppenwolf
    • December 6, 2005 at 6:22 AM
    • #13

    i think you could have made parts of the sights more rounder and save the polies on the grip (since its not much visible ingame)

  • The Postman
    • December 6, 2005 at 6:27 AM
    • #14
    Quote from CyanideCotdPnuts

    [Blocked Image: http://tinypic.com/i6mcjn.jpg]Negative.

    Okay you can have your green tiger wood gun, I'll have a nice condensed grain stock for the win.

  • ginsengavenger
    • December 6, 2005 at 6:51 AM
    • #15

    yeah dude that fat grain makes the stock look like it's made of balsa. the pic cyanide posted is irrelevant as reference because it's composited not solid stock..

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™