1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

[WIP] Abandoned ---> PICS INSIDE!!!!

  • ⌐■_■
  • November 12, 2005 at 1:09 AM
  • curman
    • November 17, 2005 at 9:28 AM
    • #21

    Are those new ones after the sidewalk texture? Cause it still looks stretched

  • dux
    • November 17, 2005 at 9:43 AM
    • #22

    If you're to have fog in a map it has to merge with the skybox or it just looks wrong. The colour you currently have for your fog is possibly as opposite as it could get from the skybox.

  • ⌐■_■
    • November 17, 2005 at 9:49 AM
    • #23

    Lol. Sorry man, I'm pretty new to fog. I set the colour to be orange, like the sides of the skybox. The ceiling of the skybox is darkblue however. Do I have to change it to darkblue maybe?

    Is there some tutorial on the techniques of adding fog?

  • curman
    • November 17, 2005 at 9:53 AM
    • #24

    Best I could find:

    http://forum.interlopers.net/viewtopic.php?t=1788

    http://forum.interlopers.net/viewtopic.php?t=1792

  • ⌐■_■
    • November 17, 2005 at 10:20 AM
    • #25

    That's frickin' nice!

    Thanks Curman.

  • ⌐■_■
    • November 17, 2005 at 10:50 AM
    • #26

    Okay, I just opened a screen in psp and just copied and pasted the colours into hammer (sorry, I assume you'll understand what I'm saying ).

    Oh, and I changed the sidewalkedgethingytexture too.

    Result:

    [Blocked Image: http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/6089/nmrihdeserted00144qh.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/5416/nmrihdeserted00158mh.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/1326/nmrihdeserted00168gd.jpg]

    Oh, and I'll be selling my CPU in about an hour. I don't have another one yet so bear with me...

  • curman
    • November 17, 2005 at 5:13 PM
    • #27

    I'd lower your steam on the rising streets, technically it forms underneath the sewer grates.

    I also tend to notice a sharp turning feature instead of a curved wire here, also the wires connect to no building..

    [Blocked Image: http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/9282/sharpcut8ms.jpg]

    I think maybe if you wanted, you should allow some people beta test it for further advice, it'd be a bit better to play an see an environment as well than improve from screenies.

  • ⌐■_■
    • November 27, 2005 at 10:00 PM
    • #28

    PROJECT ABORTED

    sorry :arrow:

  • RD
    • November 27, 2005 at 10:25 PM
    • #29

    wth

  • ⌐■_■
    • November 27, 2005 at 10:46 PM
    • #30

    What the heck?

  • RD
    • November 27, 2005 at 10:51 PM
    • #31

    why is it aborteD?

  • ⌐■_■
    • November 28, 2005 at 12:01 AM
    • #32

    I couldn't find the time to finish it. Too much going on in real life.

    Then I gave it to a mod.

    http://www.roguethreat.com

  • RD
    • November 28, 2005 at 11:39 AM
    • #33

    that mod looks awesum

  • PhilipK
    • November 28, 2005 at 11:59 AM
    • #34

    Yeah never heard of it before.

    Looks cool. The map looks very nice too =)

  • ⌐■_■
    • November 28, 2005 at 11:29 PM
    • #35

    Thanks Philip.

  • MJ
    • November 29, 2005 at 3:27 AM
    • #36

    you guys have big sig pictures 0.0

  • ⌐■_■
    • November 29, 2005 at 11:31 PM
    • #37

    We know.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™