1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

[CS2] Graphical issue, with Guns, Players Models and Various effects

  • CptDobey
  • July 17, 2025 at 11:36 PM
  • CptDobey
    • July 17, 2025 at 11:36 PM
    • #1

    Hello,

    I am doing a map for CS2 and I do have some issue. As you can see on the picture, guns, player model and various effect are affected.

    The map do not have any exterior parts nor a visible sky. The action is strictly indoor. So I do not have a skybox, but the map is contained in a big box with the texture Lightmap Player Space.

    I do have some env_combined_light_probe_volume covering all walkable area. They do not overlap nor get out of the map. They all have a Voxel Size "High Resolution" and a "normal" priority. It occurs with a Lightmaps Resolution of 2048 or 4096, with compression enabled and a Quality either Standard or Final.

    The fact is I do not know how to use env_combined_light_probe_volume correctly. I search here and there but I did not find a tutorial about them. So I am experimenting ;) Any help to solve this issue will be very much appreciated :)

    Thanks in advance.

  • esspho
    • July 21, 2025 at 10:06 PM
    • #2

    The lightmap player space tool texture is meant for marking your playable areas (where lightmaps should be of the highest quality). Enclosing your whole map with it is propably not a good idea.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™