1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

Hammer Map Visleaf Optimization Questions

  • trapphysic
  • August 31, 2022 at 3:32 PM
  • trapphysic
    • August 31, 2022 at 3:32 PM
    • #1

    [EN]

    Hi all. When developing the map for CS:GO, I ran into a rendering problem.

    The compiler stops in the middle of compiling "BuildWithLeafs" (screenshot 1) and writes "Finished. Type any key to close" as it usually happens when the map render is completely finished.

    Using the exclusion method (render separately), I realized that this was due to a certain segment of my map (screenshot 2), but in this segment I did not find anything that could greatly affect the optimization, very simple walls were made there and props were set. If I delete this segment of the map, the render calmly reaches the end, but I can’t just delete it like that.

    I Compiling in Fast mode. Compilation takes about 10 minutes, there are about 3000 numportals. (sorry for bad english)

    I also provide the compiler log.

    If you need clarifying questions, please ask! I will answer everyone!

    [RU]

    Всем привет. При разработке карты для CS:GO столкнулся с проблемой рендера. Компилятор останавливается по середине компиляции "Buildvisleafs" (скриншот 1) и пишет "Finished. Type any key to close" как бывает обычно когда рендер карты полностью окончен. Методом исключения (рендерил по отдельности) я понял что это из-за определенного отрезка моей карты (скриншот 2), но в этом отрезке я не нашел ничего что может сильно влиять на оптимизацию, там сделаны очень простые стены и поставлены пропы. Если удалить этот отрезок карты, рендер спокойно доходит до конца, но я не могу его просто так удалить.

    Компилирую на режиме Фаст. Компиляция занимает примерно 10 минут, имеется около 3000 нумпорталов.

    Так же предоставляю лог компилятора.

    Если нужны уточняющие вопросы, спрашивайте! Отвечу всем!

    Compile log.txt

  • JorisCeoen
    • September 3, 2022 at 8:52 AM
    • #2
    Quote from trapphysic

    On 8/31/2022 at 4:32 PM, trapphysic said: I Compiling in Fast mode

    To determine actual causes during compile, it's best to compile in full (with all the options, like -staticproplighting -staticproppolys -textureshadows), to see if the problem also appears there. If not, it might just be due to fast compile settings. If it also happens there, then you have another problem at hand. From your description and compile log, I can't immediatly determine anything, but you can always hit Alt+P and see if Hammer shows you any problems that need to be fixed.

    Quote

    Quote Error! prop_static using model "models/props/cs_office/trash_can_p4.mdl", which must be used on a dynamic entity (i.e. prop_physics). Deleted. Error loading studio model "models/props/cs_office/trash_can_p4.mdl"! Error! prop_static using model "models/props/de_inferno/potted_plant2_simple.mdl", which must be used on a dynamic entity (i.e. prop_physics). Deleted. Error loading studio model "models/props/de_inferno/potted_plant2_simple.mdl"! Error! prop_static using model "models/props/cs_office/trash_can.mdl", which must be used on a dynamic entity (i.e. prop_physics). Deleted. Error loading studio model "models/props/cs_office/trash_can.mdl"! Error! To use model "models/props/de_inferno/hr_i/inferno_potted_plant/inferno_potted_plant.mdl" with prop_static, it must be compiled with $staticprop! Error loading studio model "models/props/de_inferno/hr_i/inferno_potted_plant/inferno_potted_plant.mdl"! Error! prop_static using model "models/props/cs_office/plant01.mdl", which must be used on a dynamic entity (i.e. prop_physics). Deleted. Error loading studio model "models/props/cs_office/plant01.mdl"!

    Are all these props inside that specific segment of your map? If so, it's likely the cause of your problem. I don't think it should be, I've never seen a compile fail due to incorrect use of a prop type (as the compiler tells you, Hammer literally deletes these from the map), but that could be a start.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™