1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

[CS:GO] cs_sauna_legacy

  • Mamorex
  • July 14, 2019 at 8:15 AM
  • Mamorex
    • July 14, 2019 at 8:15 AM
    • #1

    Edit 24.07.2020 - Now it's a cs_sauna_legacy.

    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…/?id=2042332498https://gamebanana.com/maps/205813

  • MikeGon
    • July 23, 2019 at 2:52 AM
    • #2

    Hi @Mamorex, your stuff looks pretty cool!!

    I know writing text is pretty boring, but a little explanation could go a long way in communicating your though process here! Design is all about decisions and intent... images don't communicate that as well as words.?

    The diving board jump onto catwalk / baby pool drop thing is crazy and original, but I'm wondering how it's gonna play out in a real match. I think it would be fine if this was a niche side thing, but here it's one of the two routes to the hostages! Also it took me a few minutes to understand the baby pool drop thing, so I think a lot of players will be confused at first... and I don't think bots can do any of these jumps btw

    In the pool room again, the "concrete pillar on catwalk" part is weird... I know I'm supposed to walk on the railing next to it, but it doesn't feel great for both gameplay and fiction.

    There's a lot of awkward, dead-end little rooms packed with props... it's cool to add spaces for storytelling, but I think they shouldn't be playable (e.g. door is locked, we see a cool thing through a window, and that's it)

    A thing to keep in mind with interactible objects, is that as soon as we use one it creates the expectation that the next identical object will behave the same way. This isn't the case with doors in your map (green door interactible on T-spawn, green door non-interactible on CT-spawn...) I'd say make the interactible doors have 1 consistent appearance, and non-interactible doors have a different one.

    There's a few more props that encroach navigation space, like the benches in the locker room for instance... I suggest having a single row instead of 2 per section, to simplify it a bit, and moving them a bit further away in the alcove, not aligned with the lockers, to make it less likely to accidentally bump into them while moving across the room.

    This wall is at the awkward height of "Is jumpable question mark???" (it actually isn't). I'd make it a bit higher so it's visually clear

    There's also a lot of snagging on small collisions. Disabling collisions on small props and adding clip brushes will solve that (large window by the pool, railings in the staircase, doorframes, etc.)

    Overall it's looking pretty nice! Keep up the good work ?

  • Mamorex
    • July 29, 2019 at 9:05 PM
    • #3

    I want to keep the defects of the original 1.6 map, like rounder pillar, but I made some changes.

    • correct use of player clip brushes
    • reworked "sauna" room to eliminate lighting and gameplay problems
    • the benches were placed in a simple arrangement
    • added some props for better details, especially on CT spawn and ceiling of swimming pool
    • added trees in 3D skybox
    • some other visual and gameplay changes
    • rebuilt Panorama style radar to adapt it for all changes

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™