1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

Am I able to change accuracy of weapons from within my map?

  • Plat
  • June 19, 2017 at 8:08 PM
  • Plat
    • June 19, 2017 at 8:08 PM
    • #1

    As the title says. I'm looking to make a scoutsknivez map but want to make sure I can edit everything required to make a functional scoutsknivez gamemode from within my map. Im able to change gravity, maxspeed/maxvelocity, airaccel/accel, spawned weapons, but I cant find anything about perhaps making the scout 100% accurate while in the air.

    Thanks!

  • TooProForYahoo
    • June 19, 2017 at 9:40 PM
    • #2

    I don't believe you can, the accuracy is a game file which would have to be on the "modded" server to allow the perfect accuracy you want to achieve

  • Smileytopin
    • June 19, 2017 at 11:11 PM
    • #3

    I believe the commands for that are

    Spoiler weapon_accuracy_nospread 1 weapon_recoil_scale 0 weapon_recoil_view_punch_extra 0

    I forget the entity you use but you should be able to use the commands to disable weapon inaccuracy on the map.

  • Plat
    • June 20, 2017 at 3:16 AM
    • #4
    Quote from Smileytopin

    4 hours ago, Smileytopin said: I believe the commands for that are

    http://# Hide contents weapon_accuracy_nospread 1 weapon_recoil_scale 0 weapon_recoil_view_punch_extra 0

    I forget the entity you use but you should be able to use the commands to disable weapon inaccuracy on the map.

    Thanks for the commands! Now I just need to figure out how to activate them. They don't seem to be functional in the custom gamemode file.

  • leplubodeslapin
    • June 20, 2017 at 7:38 AM
    • #5

    The point_servercommand entity.

    https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Point_servercommand

    Use a logic_auto to trigger an output at every rounds :

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/ZNwH9gY.png]

  • Harry Godden
    • June 20, 2017 at 8:56 AM
    • #6

    All commands from CS:GO work in the custom gamemode file

    Do these things for them to work:

    • Make sure your .cfg is the same name as the map
    • Make sure the cfg is placed in your ../csgo/maps/cfg folder
    • Run the map with: map yourmapname custom

    Here is the valve flying scoutsman commands (you can find them in the normal ../csgo/cfg folder with the ones prefixed with op08_ files:

    ____________________________________________________________________________

    // FLYING SCOUTSMAN // Base mode: gamemode_casual.cfg // Meant to be played on wide open maps including demolition maps like de_lake // // * No cash rewards // * No buying // * Start with ssg08 and no pistol // * Reduced gravity // * Increased in-air accuracy // * Movement inaccuracy is still standard

    // Weapon config mp_ct_default_melee "weapon_knife" mp_ct_default_primary "weapon_ssg08" mp_ct_default_secondary "" mp_t_default_melee "weapon_knife" mp_t_default_primary "weapon_ssg08" mp_t_default_secondary ""

    // Significantly reduced accuracy penalty for flying through the air. // (Movement penalty still exists) // After playtesting (lol sure valve) we decided to remove accuracy penalties completely so you // can shoot in the air without counter-strafing. weapon_accuracy_nospread 1//weapon_air_spread_scale 0.01

    // Low gravity sv_enablebunnyhopping 1 sv_autobunnyhopping 0 sv_gravity 230 sv_airaccelerate 20000 sv_maxspeed 420 sv_friction 4

    // Disable money & buying sv_buy_status_override 3 // was 0 (0 = everyone can buy, 1 = ct only, 2 = t only 3 = nobody) mp_startmoney 0 // was 1000 mp_maxmoney 0 // was 10000 mp_playercashawards 0 // was 1 cash_player_bomb_defused 0 cash_player_bomb_planted 0 cash_player_damage_hostage 0 cash_player_interact_with_hostage 0 cash_player_killed_enemy_default 0 cash_player_killed_enemy_factor 0 cash_player_killed_hostage 0 cash_player_killed_teammate 0 cash_player_rescued_hostage 0 cash_team_elimination_bomb_map 0 cash_team_elimination_hostage_map_t 0 cash_team_elimination_hostage_map_ct 0 cash_team_hostage_alive 0 cash_team_hostage_interaction 0 cash_team_loser_bonus 0 cash_team_loser_bonus_consecutive_rounds 0 cash_team_planted_bomb_but_defused 0 cash_team_rescued_hostage 0 cash_team_terrorist_win_bomb 0 cash_team_win_by_defusing_bomb 0 cash_team_win_by_hostage_rescue 0 cash_team_win_by_time_running_out_hostage 0 cash_team_win_by_time_running_out_bomb 0

    ____________________________________________________________________________

  • 'RZL
    • June 20, 2017 at 11:42 AM
    • #7
    Quote from Terri

    2 hours ago, Terri said: // After playtesting (lol sure valve) we decided to remove accuracy penalties completely so you // can shoot in the air without counter-strafing.

    I love this line

  • Plat
    • June 21, 2017 at 3:32 AM
    • #8
    Quote from Terri

    18 hours ago, Terri said: <snip>

    Huzzah! Thank you very much! I didn't know all commands worked. I thought it was only the ones listed on the developer wiki. I'm excited to get this project started now:) Cheers!

  • Harry Godden
    • June 21, 2017 at 8:01 AM
    • #9
    Quote from Plat

    4 hours ago, Plat said: Huzzah! Thank you very much! I didn't know all commands worked. I thought it was only the ones listed on the developer wiki. I'm excited to get this project started now:) Cheers!

    Yeah, cvars and global settings work perfectly to my knowledge, its just the obvious client side (r_, mat_, cl_, noclip etc) cheats that won't do anything

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™