1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

3ds Max UVs for Hammer Guys-n-Gals

  • shawnolson
  • January 14, 2017 at 5:52 PM
  • shawnolson
    • January 14, 2017 at 5:52 PM
    • #1

    One of the things that I've learned over the last several years is that Hammer users coming to 3ds Max struggle mightily with texturing objects. And unfortunately, 99% of the videos/tutorials for unwrapping and texturing are targeted at complex UV work generally for organic models. There isn't as much good info for new users to do the kind of texturing common with brushes (Planar UVs that flow seamlessly across objects and that generally use tiling textures). As such, I've got a set of videos lined up to feed a new set of information specifically for this kind of work.

    Here is the first video for this. Enjoy.

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • tchick
    • January 14, 2017 at 9:45 PM
    • #2

    Man! Thank you so much for this! I was struggling all day with the UV's and spent all morning watching videos and NO ONE spoke about those modifiers!! Thank you very much for all your hard work, I love what you do for the mapping community, I would have never got this far without your software and I'm sure I'm not the only one here!! P.S.: Love you again!

  • shawnolson
    • January 15, 2017 at 5:35 AM
    • #3

    Thanks for your kind words. I hope this and the following videos (when I get around to them) help make your adventures more fun. :)

  • shawnolson
    • January 21, 2017 at 6:00 PM
    • #4

    Next video for this series:

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™