1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

[CSGO][WIP] de_renovation Feedback

  • WhatGrenadeWhere
  • January 3, 2017 at 12:40 PM
  • WhatGrenadeWhere
    • January 3, 2017 at 12:40 PM
    • #1

    Hello. New here. Been learning Hammer for almost a year now. Looking for layout feedback before moving forward. I do this for fun. But would like to at least learn how to do it well.

    Testing Wed 1/11/17 2pm CST w Waffle.

    Screens: http://imgur.com/a/hgpvL

    Steam Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=814333815

    edit: updated skybox and light_environment settings. have a few areas with dark shadows (only 1 may affect spotting from defending B route from T - guess I'm too lazy to fix atm?). I believe it is a texture issue, as even though I used dev textures, I didn't texture correctly for every little thing, just kinda slapped and go.

  • wylde
    • January 3, 2017 at 4:31 PM
    • #2

    I can't run around it now to give layout feedback, but here are a few suggestions:

    I think the light_environment's brightness/ambient can be raised a bit. It took me a while to realize all the good maps have like 600 brightness and 200 ambient, which removes many of those those dark shadows.

    Changing the skybox from dust (use one of these https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Counter-S…ensive_Sky_List) will do wonders for the overall appearance as well.

    Other than that, I think you have a good start based on the minimap layout and the screenshots! Might be close to time to schedule a playtest.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™