1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

[WIP] cs_terminal

  • Blade x64
  • January 5, 2016 at 9:48 PM
  • Blade x64
    • January 5, 2016 at 9:48 PM
    • #1

    I started sketching this plans for this map about two years ago, but only got around to completing a playable version a month ago. As the name implies, it's a hostage situation within an airport terminal.

    The hostages are well separated with spawns in the food court, shops, and restrooms. There are two main contact areas that are spacious and varied, so they aren't chokes. The hostage rescue zone is spacious and has three paths leading into it, each from a different direction.

    Workshop Link

    Demo Analyzer

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/KjK77iB.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/Mz8kiu4.jpg]

    T Spawn and Shops

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/L8RdK6L.jpg]

    CT spawn and rescue zone

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/yRNZuTN.jpg]

    Atrium contact area

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/WpvIDMI.jpg]

    Baggage contact area

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/KuaOWpV.jpg]

  • Bodd Jonar
    • January 6, 2016 at 12:12 AM
    • #2

    The cements gotta go, looks really depressing TBH, make it light! The carpet where the chairs are looks like something from the 90's, not very modern.

    [Blocked Image: https://anotherheader.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/dsc_5782-edit.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/modern-airport-architecture-2544615.jpg]


    See the sunlight and the white'ish colours? :)

  • Blade x64
    • January 6, 2016 at 1:16 AM
    • #3
    Quote from Bodd Jonar

    The cements gotta go, looks really depressing TBH, make it light! The carpet where the chairs are looks like something from the 90's, not very modern.

    See the sunlight and the white'ish colours?

    I definitely will do that. I just wanted to get a layout tested before I made new textures. Most of the ones in there I borrowed from L4D.

  • Bodd Jonar
    • January 6, 2016 at 4:27 PM
    • #4
    Quote from Blade x64

    I definitely will do that. I just wanted to get a layout tested before I made new textures. Most of the ones in there I borrowed from L4D.

    Good to hear, you're the guy that made all the night maps btw? If so, I expect great things from you, feel the pressure. :)

  • Michael Greenwood
    • January 6, 2016 at 5:55 PM
    • #5

    As an aside, how do you get textures from L4D to use with CSGO? There are a lot of the models from the mall level Id really like to use. Was the escalator a model or brushwork?

  • Blade x64
    • January 6, 2016 at 8:01 PM
    • #6
    Quote from Bodd Jonar

    Good to hear, you're the guy that made all the night maps btw? If so, I expect great things from you, feel the pressure.

    I hope I can deliver. Haven't played as much with daytime lighting.

    Quote from Michael Greenwood

    As an aside, how do you get textures from L4D to use with CSGO? There are a lot of the models from the mall level Id really like to use. Was the escalator a model or brushwork?

    I extracted them from the L4D VPKs using GCFscape. The escalator is a model from the mall assets.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™