1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

Bullet Time Arena (CS:GO Custom Gamemode)

  • Anth
  • November 17, 2014 at 8:34 AM
  • Anth
    • November 17, 2014 at 8:34 AM
    • #1

    Hi all!

    It's been a while since I posted on Mapcore, I've been completing exams and have now finished them as well as school forever!

    Now that it's time to get back in to finishing off my I thought I would make a small map to get back in to working with Hammer!


    Today I present to everyone "bt_arena". This is a custom game mode I got from an idea on /r/globaloffensive where someone asked if a mod was available that basically enabled "bullet time" in CS:GO. So this got me thinking about making an arena style map with Deagles and Knives only at about 70% of the game's normal speed.


    How it works.

    -At the start of the round, a logic_auto triggers the server command host_timescale 0.7 to be triggered 6 seconds after players spawn in, this allows for the freeze time to not take forever (hooray!).

    -For the same reason as the 6 second delay at the beginning of the round, as soon as the round ends the game speed goes back up to 100% to stop the round end screen from going on forever.


    Screenshots

    Quote

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/NrQNbTO.png]


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/IdRoZo6.png]


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/fjLdtmY.png]


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/1vqTIKi.png]


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/HWYVJLl.png]


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/b3q9cxH.png]


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/wwa8TX7.png]

    Display More


    Credits:


    /u/mylolname for the idea


    Workshop Link: Download


    bt_arena.zip

  • Vaya
    • November 17, 2014 at 1:07 PM
    • #2

    Have you tested this idea?


    I don't see how it would slow the 'bullets' as they don't exist in the engine. It's more like a Laser line that calculates if the gun would hit the other player.

  • Puddy
    • November 17, 2014 at 2:13 PM
    • #3
    Quote from Vaya

    Have you tested this idea?


    I don't see how it would slow the 'bullets' as they don't exist in the engine. It's more like a Laser line that calculates if the gun would hit the other player.


    I think it's more about everything being slow-mo in general.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™