1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Vault
  3. Past Contests
  4. Quake 3 15th Anniversary Contest

Unamed by g0th

  • g0th
  • November 10, 2014 at 9:54 PM
  • g0th
    • November 10, 2014 at 9:54 PM
    • #1

    A bit late to the party.


    Just doing some blockouts:


  • Hipshot
    • November 11, 2014 at 12:11 AM
    • #2

    NIce, open terrain FFA type map?

  • g0th
    • November 11, 2014 at 1:03 AM
    • #3

    Yeah that was my first thought but we'll see, playing around with some ideas, trying to come up with something that is reasonable to do without taking to much time to pull it off.

  • BJA
    • November 12, 2014 at 6:32 AM
    • #4

    Nice to see so many familiar nicknames from the old mapping days in this contest looking forward to what you're doing with this. Quake3 could really benefit from some more open maps.

  • g0th
    • November 12, 2014 at 10:15 AM
    • #5

    Yeah Totally agree, one of the great things about this community.


    We'll see about the openness currently blocking out another castle in the middle of it

    no matter how I start I always end up with a castle

  • Conrad Justin
    • November 12, 2014 at 3:45 PM
    • #6

    Hello! Good luck! Yes indeed: The community is superb. This is my very first time with Quake and I would be limping and left far behind but for the great community support!

  • phantazm11
    • November 12, 2014 at 6:14 PM
    • #7

    Castles are great! Can't wait to see your map g0th! I' m glad you decided to enter

  • g0th
    • November 13, 2014 at 11:25 PM
    • #8

    Some progress on the blockout,


    it's slowly getting into shape.

  • Hipshot
    • November 14, 2014 at 12:52 AM
    • #9

    You're gonna model the entire level?

  • g0th
    • November 14, 2014 at 8:34 AM
    • #10

    yeah as usual nowadays

  • Hipshot
    • November 14, 2014 at 2:57 PM
    • #11

    The layout "looks" kinda cool =) But it's difficult to tell how large or small it is, cause I have no size reference - how broad are those walkways there for example? 256 or 128?

  • g0th
    • November 14, 2014 at 4:49 PM
    • #12

    hmm no idea how wide they are, but you can jump over to the other walkway if you have high speed.


    Scaling is one of the issues for sure. I scaled the model up and down several times to get it right ingame. I think it works as it is now.


    Got a lot of time during the weekend so now so hopefully I can post something that is looking decently ingame soon.

  • g0th
    • November 15, 2014 at 9:01 PM
    • #13

    The general blockout is pretty much done.

  • Hipshot
    • November 15, 2014 at 10:40 PM
    • #14

    Nice! You probably wanna go for a more hires sky though =)

  • g0th
    • November 16, 2014 at 6:24 PM
    • #15

    Just adding more textures and figuring out what kind of setting I want to use.

    And also run into some problems with backsided shaders for alphas perhaps someone knows what causes the problem?

    my shader is


    textures/g0thdm4/Vegetation01{qer_editorimage textures/g0thdm4/Vegetation.tgaq3map_cloneShader textures/g0thdm4/Vegetation_back surfaceparm transsurfaceparm nonsolidsurfaceparm nomarkssurfaceparm nolightmapsurfaceparm alphashadowqer_alphafunc greater 0.5 {map textures/g0thdm4/Vegetation.tgablendfunc GL_SRC_ALPHA GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHArgbGen vertex }{map textures/g0thdm4/Vegetation.tgaalphaFunc GE128rgbGen vertexdepthWrite} } textures/g0thdm4/Vegetation_back{surfaceparm transsurfaceparm nonsolidsurfaceparm nomarks{map textures/g0thdm4/Vegetation.tgargbGen const ( 0.225 0.225 0.225 )alphaFunc GE128 } }

    here's my current progress

  • Hipshot
    • November 16, 2014 at 6:42 PM
    • #16

    Would it be possible for you to post the textures and things related to this shader, it's just easier to help that way.

  • g0th
    • November 16, 2014 at 7:14 PM
    • #17

    Sure here's a rar with the files needed: http://g0th.se/files/Vegetation.rar


    Just place the lwo file in a level

  • g0th
    • November 16, 2014 at 8:16 PM
    • #18

    got it to work.


    I was missing the q3map_invert cmd on the backface shader

  • Hipshot
    • November 16, 2014 at 8:40 PM
    • #19

    Ok, nice, I got confused there, for some reason I thought you were talking about the ground texture and when I looked at the shader I was like "???"

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™