1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Vault
  3. Past Contests
  4. Quake 3 15th Anniversary Contest

Eternity Changes by Daniel "Nisse" Nilsson

  • Daniel Nilsson
  • October 21, 2014 at 8:21 PM
  • Daniel Nilsson
    • November 25, 2014 at 10:17 PM
    • #41

    Had no -samplesize 16 and no -saveprt, but I still didn't get no .aas Not sure how to proceed. I'll probably try excessive use of botclip or something but for some reason I doubt it.

  • Daniel Nilsson
    • November 25, 2014 at 11:00 PM
    • #42

    Seperate issue, which I think/hoping is an easier one, I packed an .pk3 but it appears some surfaces is missing textures. Weird thing is that the same textures is used on other places and is not missing. I thought it might have something to do with the lighting in some way but the light bake targas is included. Any clues?

    Here's the .pk3: https://www.dropbox.com/s/506z018ra0emza4/dmdn.pk3?dl=0 

  • Daniel Nilsson
    • November 25, 2014 at 11:38 PM
    • #43

    Think I now know why there's missing textures. There's a styled light in the room... That should generate shaders I think. So need to find those


    Edit: Yes found it! Had just missed it, q3map2_%levelname%.shader

  • fKd
    • November 26, 2014 at 12:03 AM
    • #44

    excellent, its all working now.

  • Hipshot
    • November 26, 2014 at 9:09 AM
    • #45

    Maybe it's the bspc version that's different, but I don't know why that would matter, if anything, mine is tons of years older.

  • Daniel Nilsson
    • November 26, 2014 at 9:40 AM
    • #46

    Tried 2.1i and 2.1h which do you have?

  • Hipshot
    • November 26, 2014 at 12:26 PM
    • #47

    I have the one that comes in the 1.4 package I assume, or maybe even older. I can't check atm since I'm at work.


    But this is the radiant I work with, but I moved my bspc to my maps dir 1000 years ago, so whatever radiant I use I will always use the same bspc =/

    http://www.zfight.com/misc/files/q3/….0-Q3RTCWET.exe

  • Daniel Nilsson
    • November 26, 2014 at 12:35 PM
    • #48

    Ok, thanks will try it!

  • Daniel Nilsson
    • November 26, 2014 at 2:06 PM
    • #49

    :/ Doesn't seem like there's an BSPC with it. there was a bspc.txt though which said something about a 2.1h so it would probably not matter either way.

  • Hipshot
    • November 26, 2014 at 2:23 PM
    • #50

    Try and compile this w/o your shaderfile and so, see if that works, might be some issue there, remember that I compiled the level w/o any of your (few) shaders, the fog and so.

  • Daniel Nilsson
    • November 26, 2014 at 2:23 PM
    • #51

    Tried moving bspc.exe the .bat and the .bsp to another computer, no change.

    If you have time after work, I'd love to try your version of the bspc and maybe see if you can compile aas from the bsp I compiled. Just to see where the error arises.

  • Daniel Nilsson
    • November 26, 2014 at 2:35 PM
    • #52
    Quote from Hipshot

    Try and compile this w/o your shaderfile and so, see if that works, might be some issue there, remember that I compiled the level w/o any of your (few) shaders, the fog and so.

    Tried it now, moved .map file into a clean q3 install w/o shaders, same thing. Tried parent at bottom of bspc.log. Thanks for the suggestion though.

  • phantazm11
    • November 26, 2014 at 4:41 PM
    • #53

    I had this exact error...I had never seen it before this contest. I was using the bspc that was bundled with q3map2_fs. Switched to the one bundled with Radiant 1.4 and it solved my problem.

  • Daniel Nilsson
    • November 26, 2014 at 5:34 PM
    • #54
    Quote from phantazm11

    I had this exact error...I had never seen it before this contest. I was using the bspc that was bundled with q3map2_fs. Switched to the one bundled with Radiant 1.4 and it solved my problem.

    Weirdly I tried to install Radiant 1.4 (the install file from the radiant homepage GtkRadiantSetup-1.4.0-Q3RTCWET.exe) but couldn't find a bspc. Could you maybe link a copy of the file?

  • phantazm11
    • November 26, 2014 at 5:37 PM
    • #55

    I can upload it when I get home this evening.

  • Flipout
    • November 26, 2014 at 10:18 PM
    • #56

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/8n2xuy2anr4naz9/bspc.zip?dl=0 Here's the one I had to use I had the same problem as you it wouldn't work in the editor or Q3Map2Toolz but it worked with Q3Map2Build http://www.moddb.com/games/world-of…ild-1025-by-dlb

  • Daniel Nilsson
    • November 26, 2014 at 10:57 PM
    • #57

    OMG! It works! Crisis diverted! Thanks everyone! I'll never let go of this bspc.exe Need to celebrate, time to pour up some Glögg! (ask a swed)

  • phantazm11
    • November 26, 2014 at 11:23 PM
    • #58

    Awesome! Glad you got it to work

  • Hipshot
    • November 27, 2014 at 8:14 AM
    • #59

    What version of bspc is that now then, cause I looked now here (didnt have time yesterday) and mine is from 2001.


    And also, when I'm thinking about it, I think I've heard a while ago, like 2-3 years ago, that it's better to compile with an older one, cause it doesn't cancel out if there are some unnecessary errors.


    Anyway, glad you got it to work Daniel!


    Låt glöggen flöda!

  • Daniel Nilsson
    • November 27, 2014 at 11:28 AM
    • #60

    hmm 2.1i from 2004, thought I'd already tried this one... Would be nice if Icculus radiant page archived all versions in circulation.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™