1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

[CS:GO] de_villa

  • Mystyc_Cheez
  • April 28, 2014 at 4:49 AM
  • Mystyc_Cheez
    • April 28, 2014 at 4:49 AM
    • #1

    Hello there! I am posting this here because I could not find a better website to post my map progress at and get feedback.


    This is a defusal map that I have been working on for the last two days. This map is based on Villa, the multiplayer one, from Perfect Dark for the N64. I have modified a few parts so that it works better for this type of gameplay. This is only an Alpha 1, so please provide feedback.


    Bombsite A


    [Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/85r30rpwc8c74v8/BombsiteA.png]


    Bombsite B


    [Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/vpc450a0t0nk…U6jgrsiuqXr7ncQ]


    Middle Choke Point


    [Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/ls8cz6dxef9i…vx4dUMcb527bIhg]


    Tunnels Choke


    [Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/r28e34ugwjl0…GVfjlajKyDAywQA]


    Outside Terrorist Spawn


    [Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/lmmv6bvnc2n5…L7BPAPQwHVLt29Q]


    Map overview/radar


    [Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/45d40at56fds…UlpsjwQZhzlosnA]


    The Terrorists spawn at the top and the Counter-Terrorists spawn and bottom left. Bombsite A is right side and Bombsite B is left side.

    I have tested this with bombs and it seems to go well, but bots are kind of dumb and not as smart as human players. Unfortunately, I am unable to host a server to test this. So, I suppose I shall link my bsp for others to test and if someone is nice enough, host a server for many to play on this.


    https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ab15xgzm7mc…a1_files.zip?m=

  • tomm
    • April 28, 2014 at 5:33 PM
    • #2

    hey, looks like a really nice blockout


    I just ran through the map with bots and here are a few things I noticed:


    map rotation seems rather slow

    that light-blueish pathway to the right of the overview is too long imo

    mid is not very interesting


    I think it wouldn't hurt if the map was a bit smaller.


    and this one path is totally useless for terrorists

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™