1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

  • Marcos
  • November 25, 2004 at 12:11 PM
  • dissonance
    • April 27, 2006 at 8:32 AM
    • #2,041
    Quote from alexroyce

    Moving down to CA on the 3rd, starting work on the 8th. Dream job

    where in california?

  • Schmung
    • April 27, 2006 at 8:57 AM
    • #2,042
    Quote from Squirrelly

    I heard when you are hired by Activision, you literally have to "abandon" your "mod career". Is this true?

    The same for most gmae companies is it not?

  • JamesL
    • April 27, 2006 at 11:55 AM
    • #2,043

    Not for any I have ever worked at. That said after commuting into and out of central London & doing a full working day, I find it pretty damn hard to work up the motivation to turn on a PC again at home and work on my own stuff.

    Never heard of an employer explicitly refusing to let you do mod work. Maybe I just don't read my contracts carefully enough though.

  • Schmung
    • April 27, 2006 at 12:16 PM
    • #2,044

    Well, from what I hear from certain people it's frowned upon - though there's nothing in the contract to say you can't.

  • FrieChamp
    • April 27, 2006 at 12:49 PM
    • #2,045

    I know that's what it says in my contract.

  • Schmung
    • April 27, 2006 at 1:10 PM
    • #2,046

    Maybe its just a Crytek thing then?

  • Polaris
    • April 27, 2006 at 2:25 PM
    • #2,047

    Crytek seems to hate mods

  • FrieChamp
    • April 27, 2006 at 3:16 PM
    • #2,048
    Quote from Schmung

    Maybe its just a Crytek thing then?

    Don't think so, I'm not sure if this implies MODs for own products though.

  • Furyo
    • April 27, 2006 at 3:41 PM
    • #2,049

    People have asked me if I'd stop modding, but Ubisoft never even mentioned it

  • kleinluka
    • April 27, 2006 at 3:48 PM
    • #2,050

    Yeah there's nothing in my contract either that clearly says I can't work on mods... but I just don't want to Usually when I come home from work I just want to hang out, chill and relax and not have to wonder about pixels and polygons for a few hours

  • D3ads
    • April 27, 2006 at 3:59 PM
    • #2,051

    Awesome stuff KFS!

  • alexroyce
    • April 27, 2006 at 8:16 PM
    • #2,052
    Quote from dissonance

    where in california?

    Encino.

    Quote from Squirrelly

    I heard when you are hired by Activision, you literally have to "abandon" your "mod career". Is this true?

    I dont think so, but Im not sure. If I have free time and feel like mapping something for CS:S, Id still do it

  • dissonance
    • April 28, 2006 at 10:35 AM
    • #2,053
    Quote from alexroyce

    where in california?

    Encino.

    ...O_____O

  • hydeph
    • April 29, 2006 at 5:48 AM
    • #2,054

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/hydeph/tinker.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/hydeph/tinker2.jpg]

  • Minos
    • April 29, 2006 at 5:51 AM
    • #2,055

    You applied the formula hydeph!

    hl.wad + hammer shots = instant winner

  • hydeph
    • April 29, 2006 at 5:57 AM
    • #2,056

    i'm too lazy to box it all up for a compile.

  • dissonance
    • April 29, 2006 at 6:06 AM
    • #2,057

    That's one massive pisser.

  • General Vivi
    • April 29, 2006 at 8:10 AM
    • #2,058

    i feel old when i look at that....

  • SixThree
    • April 29, 2006 at 8:16 AM
    • #2,059

    It actually makes me feel depressed

  • JAL
    • April 29, 2006 at 8:52 AM
    • #2,060

    hydeph why are there bathroom signs leading to a place that looks like a...stable?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 8, 2026 at 7:49 PM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 4 Guests
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™