1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

Following Concept designs

  • omega322
  • August 29, 2008 at 9:57 AM
  • omega322
    • August 29, 2008 at 9:57 AM
    • #1

    I forget his name but a current level designer recently posted in his blog how he prepares to make a level before hand. One of those ways is collecting various concept art designs and later going back to them for insperation, I thought I would try and follow suit, I have been working with hammer for roughly a year+ and want to know what you think I should add/remove.

    [Blocked Image: http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f264/omega322/sewer-octagon-SBoxer.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f264/omega322/work_2.jpg]

    If there are any tutorials on things you think I should learn, point them out for me, that would be awesome.

  • Belgarion
    • September 1, 2008 at 4:15 PM
    • #2

    Compile it first so we can see it in-game. Hammer shots are... eh. You'll get a much better response from compiled screens.

    Images

    • Paynep2.webp
      • 42.18 kB
      • 300 × 444

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™