1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Creative Chat

totally random texture thread

  • mikezilla
  • October 19, 2004 at 1:04 AM
  • PhilipK
    • September 25, 2005 at 3:03 AM
    • #421
    Quote from insta

    Looks swanky, although a bit too dark. Handpainted from scratch?

    hzndpainted from yo mamaa.

    sriouslyt tho looks kidna kewl.¨~

  • insta
    • September 25, 2005 at 3:06 AM
    • #422
    Quote from PhilipK

    hzndpainted from yo mamaa.

    sriouslyt tho looks kidna kewl.¨~

    Looks swanky, although a bit too intoxicated. Consumed alcoholic beverages?

  • von*ferret
    • September 25, 2005 at 9:34 AM
    • #423

    blazy is drunk~ LLLOL i love blaz and klein

  • Evert
    • September 25, 2005 at 11:09 AM
    • #424

    You old drunk.

    Yeah looks pretty cool, just make it a little brighter.

  • Hipshot
    • September 25, 2005 at 2:46 PM
    • #425

    Were out taking some photos for inspiration and texture this friday, sitting and cleaning some up.

    [Blocked Image: http://img270.imageshack.us/img270/8394/untitled13nu.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img281.imageshack.us/img281/359/sdfsf3jf.jpg]

  • D3ads
    • September 25, 2005 at 7:49 PM
    • #426

    Looks great, I especially dig the white door

  • D3ads
    • September 25, 2005 at 7:50 PM
    • #427
    Quote from D3ads

    What the? I was under the impression that the skins were no bigger than 512x512 ! Then again I only ran HL2 medium so it's not like I'd actually notice such high-res details even if it does still look really nice.Speaking of 1024 textures, I remember trying to run SOF2 on the highest settings, most of the textures are that big and running it was a nightmare! I don't think you need to go any bigger than 512, because that size is a perfect balance between high-res detail and memory management. But hey I still map for HL1, what do I know?

    ^^ Don't want to make another thread, what's the average skin size for HL2 character parts? (ie face, hands, body etc)

  • jayrabbit
    • September 25, 2005 at 7:57 PM
    • #428
    Quote from D3ads

    ^^ Don't want to make another thread, what's the average skin size for HL2 character parts? (ie face, hands, body etc)

    there are only 2 parts: head and body. size is mostly 1024x1024.

    the gman's head of the HL2 intro is 2048x2048

  • Hipshot
    • September 25, 2005 at 9:37 PM
    • #429

    I don't care, its low res anyway so.

    Well, I could put something else there though... thats is true.

  • h2
    • September 26, 2005 at 3:53 PM
    • #430

    [Blocked Image: http://www.hot.ee/ejuhkov/tiles.jpg]

  • Sven_E
    • September 29, 2005 at 6:17 AM
    • #431

    [Blocked Image: http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/1693/bricks28ke.jpg]

  • Phobos
    • September 29, 2005 at 6:24 AM
    • #432

    I whiped up this texture quickly tonight to start trying some ideas down for the style I want to use for a dm level I'm making.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.filefarmer.com/Phobos/images/ThemeTest.jpg]

    Ignore the unequal sides. I was sloppy

  • Splitta
    • September 29, 2005 at 1:15 PM
    • #433

    okay thanks, i'll make it a bit brighter

    i made a little add on.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.katy-fan.de/woot2.jpg]

    and a wall for a subway station

    [Blocked Image: http://www.katy-fan.de/woot3.jpg]

  • h2
    • September 29, 2005 at 8:12 PM
    • #434

    Thanks peri! I like the tiles Splitta.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.hot.ee/ejuhkov/seinake4.jpg]

  • Eliot
    • September 29, 2005 at 10:59 PM
    • #435
    Quote from Phobos

    I whiped up this texture quickly tonight to start trying some ideas down for the style I want to use for a dm level I'm making. [Blocked Image: http://www.filefarmer.com/Phobos/images/ThemeTest.jpg]

    Ignore the unequal sides. I was sloppy

    real awesome texture gj

  • Minos
    • September 30, 2005 at 3:26 AM
    • #436

    Nice one H2. It looks a bit like peris'/klein's texes but that's a good thing Keep it up.

  • ginsengavenger
    • September 30, 2005 at 3:51 AM
    • #437

    I quite like that, H2.

  • Minos
    • October 4, 2005 at 4:04 AM
    • #438

    [Blocked Image: http://www.leveldesign.com.br/minotauro/wedge/mino_parede01.jpg]

  • kleinluka
    • October 4, 2005 at 4:22 AM
    • #439

    looks nice

  • Evert
    • October 4, 2005 at 7:34 AM
    • #440

    At first I thought it looked cartooney, but that's probably because almost every brick-texture I see is so bumpy and almost overdone, that one look more realistic then those imo.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™