1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Creative Chat

totally random texture thread

  • mikezilla
  • October 19, 2004 at 1:04 AM
  • Steppenwolf
    • February 8, 2017 at 3:20 PM
    • #2,981

    I made a custom node for that aswell: https://share.allegorithmic.com/libraries/2071

  • Pampers
    • February 8, 2017 at 4:21 PM
    • #2,982

    any other stuff from substance share you use or can recommend?

  • Steppenwolf
    • February 8, 2017 at 4:42 PM
    • #2,983

    Two custom nodes that i use A LOT are

    Hugo Beyer's noise polisher: http://hugobeyer.artstation.com/pages/free-stuff

    Bruno Cracks: https://share.allegorithmic.com/libraries/22

    Others that i like:

    Get slope: https://share.allegorithmic.com/libraries/1172

    Filter random: https://share.allegorithmic.com/libraries/2272

    ID map from greyscale: https://share.allegorithmic.com/libraries/2289

  • Vorontsov
    • February 8, 2017 at 5:56 PM
    • #2,984
    Quote from Steppenwolf

    1 hour ago, Steppenwolf said: Hugo Beyer's noise polisher: http://hugobeyer.artstation.com/pages/free-stuff

    I never know I needed this so bad in my life until you showed me it. Too bad the dropbox link doesn't work, goddammit :D

  • Steppenwolf
    • February 8, 2017 at 6:04 PM
    • #2,985

    This should work (see attached file). Otherwise i believe it's included in this substance from him: https://share.allegorithmic.com/libraries/965

    And yea it's pretty awesome node. Really helps for getting more polished "zbrushy" look on stuff, less noisy and procedural. Super awesome for making some erosion like terrain effects aswell.

    HB_noise_polisher.sbs

  • Vorontsov
    • February 8, 2017 at 8:05 PM
    • #2,986

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/GnNI5OS.png]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/eR1IfFR.png]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/ALLtVGr.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/B4I3v2A.png]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/VsVoSoM.png]


    Base Color | Heightmap | Normalmap | Roughness

  • Steppenwolf
    • February 8, 2017 at 9:07 PM
    • #2,987

    The crevices on the basecolor look pretty dark for a pbr texture. That's what the ao map is there for. The new hbao node does a very good job for that. Under PBR Utilities you can also find a PBR Albedo Safe Color node that you can plug in before your basecolor output in case you're unsure if some values are too dark or too bright.

  • Vorontsov
    • February 8, 2017 at 9:09 PM
    • #2,988
    Quote from Steppenwolf

    3 minutes ago, Steppenwolf said: The crevices on the basecolor look pretty dark for a pbr texture. That's what the ao map is there for. The new hbao node does a very good job for that. Under PBR Utilities you can also find a PBR Albedo Safe Color node that you can plug in before your basecolor output in case you're unsure if some values are too dark or too bright.

    Thanks, I didn't know much about this. I only knew certain value ranges aren't good for PBR. Also I know I made it in the PBR workflow (because I've never made a Substance that way) but the diffuse I ended up blending a lot of stuff into it so it looks good in CS:GO as well. I'll post a screenshot of it in-game soon ™

  • Steppenwolf
    • February 8, 2017 at 9:11 PM
    • #2,989

    In that case it's fine. For CS:GO you need a diffuse texture anyway which you can make by multiplying the ao map on top of the basecolor.

  • esspho
    • February 9, 2017 at 12:19 AM
    • #2,990

    I'm trying to get going with @Yanzl's Source Shader but it seems to me that the diffuse isn't showing properly.

    For instance when I use @Motanum's example substance it looks like this:

    while I'm sure it should look like this

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/3ojlXUZ.jpg]


    Apparently it works fine for everybody else so I'm obviously doing something wrong.

    Hint requested.

  • Yanzl
    • February 9, 2017 at 2:14 AM
    • #2,991

    @esspho You need to have at least one light enabled, both in 3D view lights and in the shader parameters.

  • esspho
    • February 9, 2017 at 6:46 AM
    • #2,992
    Quote from Yanzl

    4 hours ago, Yanzl said: @esspho You need to have at least one light enabled, both in 3D view lights and in the shader parameters.

    Thanks. :)

  • Vorontsov
    • February 10, 2017 at 2:05 PM
    • #2,993

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/JEXNtE8.png]

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/mNsmPuv.png]


    Optional misc. I don't want to clutter the post :).

    Spoiler Diffuse | Heightmap | Normalmap | Roughness

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/1suqyLw.png]

    Substance Graph

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/113oXCX.png]

    In-game comparing normalmap vs no normalmap.

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/TOExa6Q.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/slQwxxQ.jpg]

  • LATTEH
    • February 10, 2017 at 7:58 PM
    • #2,994

    Wanted to share some work I did on the skys in day of infamy. I used vue studio to render out all the skys.


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/pW8bXgE.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/Z79WIim.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/gqAHsvs.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/7kQWvPf.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/Jc16H6f.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/RdPBc5T.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/zaEqAxq.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/4pzqEdv.jpg]


    There is more, I just dont want to spam with a ton of images :)

    Also wanted to thank the other level designers and environment artists that made the levels awesome!


    edit: does this really count as a texture? (I mean they are but maybe I should of posted it somewhere else idk)

  • kikette
    • February 13, 2017 at 10:20 AM
    • #2,995

    Wow ! Nice work on these sky !

  • Jenn0_Bing
    • February 14, 2017 at 10:45 PM
    • #2,996

    Finally got some more personal work to show off after a bit of a dry spell :P The Allegorithmic guys invited me to give the new Substance Designer 6 a test drive, so I made a new substance using the new nodes. Mostly the curve node which allows you to precisely control gradients.

  • Pampers
    • February 15, 2017 at 12:36 AM
    • #2,997

    sick

  • -HP-
    • February 15, 2017 at 2:03 AM
    • #2,998

    Jebus crabst...

  • grapen
    • February 15, 2017 at 7:17 AM
    • #2,999

    Damn dug, I've got a long ways to go. Looking forward to checking out the new nodes in 6.

  • text_fish
    • February 15, 2017 at 9:27 AM
    • #3,000

    That's insane.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 2 Guests
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™