1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

[PORTAL] followTheLeader

  • Beditheory
  • July 17, 2008 at 5:59 PM
  • Beditheory
    • July 17, 2008 at 5:59 PM
    • #1

    Simple map I made on and off over 2 months. I introduced a simple mechanic, energy balls open doors and I have a couple puzzles using that mechanic. I would put the difficulty somewhere in the middle of Portal ( so medium? )

    Download the map:

    Personal - http://%7boption%7d

    FPS banana - http://%7boption%7d

    ThinkingWithPortals - http://%7boption%7d

    myApertureLabs - http://%7boption%7d

    - Beditheory

    Level Designer

    The Guildhall at SMU

    Screenshots

    [Blocked Image: http://www.beditheory.com/FollowTheLeader%5Cthumbnail%5CBringing%20Things%20Back%20Into%20Perspective.jpg][Blocked Image: http://www.beditheory.com/FollowTheLeader%5Cthumbnail%5CIncreasing%20the%20Difficulty.jpg][Blocked Image: http://www.beditheory.com/FollowTheLeader%5Cthumbnail%5CSomething%20Interesting.jpg][Blocked Image: http://www.beditheory.com/FollowTheLeader%5Cthumbnail%5CFinale.jpg]

  • Josch
    • July 18, 2008 at 5:57 AM
    • #2

    Yehaa, another portal-map.

    Im going to test it today. Well, not right now, gotta go to the university...

    Feedback will come later

  • -HP-
    • July 18, 2008 at 12:38 PM
    • #3

    Good job, congrats!

  • Josch
    • July 19, 2008 at 2:18 PM
    • #4

    Hmm, is it the end, when i`m falling in a deep hole with red lasers? Or just a bug, i get disconnected at this moment?

    Til that point the map is pretty funny, altough the puzzles are too easy in my opinion.

    The optics aren`t that impressive too, so the map gehts three of five "Worth-Playing"-Points.

    But that of course means, it is still worth playing, without doubt

  • Beditheory
    • July 21, 2008 at 4:08 AM
    • #5

    Thanks for the feedback.

    Yeah, the ending was intended to be "anti-climatic". I didn't want it to feel like a bug or that I cheated you...sorry about that.

    As far as the puzzles being easy, I tested the map with people who had played portal at least once all the way through, but I guess

    they were just novice players. So, it was hard to design puzzles that would be more "difficult".

  • Hourences
    • July 21, 2008 at 8:34 AM
    • #6

    I liked the level, it was cool and looked decent. The puzzles were of enjoyable difficulty to me.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 3 Guests
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™