Preview baked lighting button in that level editor picture, hmm.
If I use this, I would NOT dedicate that much space to the texture browser. 2 grid views is good.
Preview baked lighting button in that level editor picture, hmm.
If I use this, I would NOT dedicate that much space to the texture browser. 2 grid views is good.
And there's sucking away ammo or an HEV module or something from a combine guy. (around 1:17) Maybe I was right?
IT'S COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Half-life style in source 2 looks very nice.
"Our sources have told us not to expect one iconic weapon in HLA, however. Each of these sources mentioned that a virtual crowbar was tested at one point in the game's multi-year development but was eventually scrapped. To be clear: we don't have conclusive evidence that the crowbar won't eventually appear in the game in one way or another. (If Valve plans to upgrade the game with a physical crowbar purchase, my sources sure haven't heard of it.)" - From Ars Technica
No crowbar, huh. And I doubt they'll give us a wrench either.
Still excited to see what they do with this.
Quote from blackdog3 hours ago, blackdog said: What if the game is HL2+Episodes from Alyx perspective? ?
On a more serious note: can we ma w we map for it?
And also, in the same article it says that this game is between first HL and HL2, and from Alyx's perspective.
HL2+Episodes from Alyx's perspective would be shooting combine while a genocidal mute person stares at your ass.
Ooh, what if there are lots of interactions with the enemies other than shooting them. Like, headcrabs jumping on your head instead of just scratching you, and pulling them off. Maybe you could steal a combine's gun out of his hands. Manually plugging in batteries to your HEV suit? They've really got a huge opportunity to make a truly immersive VR game. I'd also love to examine high-resolution models of all the weapons and combine dropships and stuff.
That bit of coast 9(?) where you cross the bridge would be terrifying in VR. I hope this isn't some stationary "defend against combine" thing. >mfw new half-life game before update for tf2
Quote from InterfearanceOn 11/12/2019 at 2:36 PM, Interfearance said:
I dunno if "exotic" really did this, but apparently the purpose of the comp is to be a spotlight for maps and encourage their completion (which is fair enough). The only major advantage indefinite time has over 8 months is that you can juggle a lot of fundamental layouts around, but I found that with a solid set of broad goals, maps are easier to shape up to be what you want.
The encouraging their completion part is the best, watching a thread like Submerged is beautiful. (I think) gamebanana is you submit it and people will generally post some reviews after, which has less of a community aspect to it.
This then also makes me feel guilty that my thread has so many views that it doesn't really deserve.
About to test the framerate for my PC.
Edit: FPS varies wildly for me, from 80-220 or so. (i7-3770) mat_wireframe 1 makes it seem like a bunch of stuff is being rendered that shouldn't. The map looks great though! : )
all source games should be on steam
ˢᵐᵃˡˡ little update to fix the forklift angles
Why does this thread have so many views?
Don't they clearly have a system in place for showing users when games are review bombed? Why the fuck is this still a problem?
That movement looks very sluggish, even slower than R6. They pretty much only show one-shot headshot kills with perfect accuracy, which isn't a good sign to me. I hope it isn't so simple in gunplay that shooting at the body means "it will take 4 bullets instead of 1". They also show a character throwing a "smokescreen" kinda thing. Having stuff like that be only for one class lowers the skill ceiling, you wouldn't be able to do complex executes if not everyone has the ability to throw smokes. The smokescreen also looked like a pretty direct throw with no bounce, where you couldn't learn any specific ones like in CS:GO. Edit: oh yeah also revives are dumb
Why are the walls so thin? There's really not any negative space.
I'll also A N A L Y Z E the demo and think of more stuff based off that. Thank you so much to everyone who was in the playtest!
-Change window to func_breakable_surf, and change texture -Add grenade lineups for T's at A -Add a few more crates around -Change all the prop_physics to prop_physics_multiplayer -Add some textures in the places that completely lack them (office, corridor at A, T connector to mid) -Try my hand at making some keg models