1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Axel Carlström

Posts by Axel Carlström

  • de_farm [WIP]

    • Axel Carlström
    • September 3, 2016 at 5:47 PM
    Quote from Dosentti

    On 8/29/2016 at 3:38 PM, Dosentti said: Hello everyone,

    as some of you probably remember I had a summer project for school in which I was suppose to finish part of this map (B-bombsite, B-long, Middle and CT-spawn. I had some problems during the summer and even though I worked 40 hours a week for the most of time I couldn't finish it as well as I wanted.

    After 350 hours of work I finally got the file size a bit smaller. It was almost 400 MB, now it's 120 MB. So now the file size is doable but there are still two areas and 3D skybox that have to be decorated/built. There are also so much stuff that I would like to add (like smaller models and a ton of decals) but in the future we'll see how much I can add in there. Also don't get mad if I haven't added stuff that you suggested into the map. It's simply because I have prioritized updates (that doesn't affect on gameplay) a bit lower. So they are to come but later. :)

    It would be helpful if someone could help with the file size. It's hard to find more stuff to shrink but I bet there is some.

    So things I want to get feedback about[/b]

    How to optimize file size even more The feeling: It should be a farm but does it feel like it? improvements: which details need more work? what should it look like? bugs: see black spots? transparent walls? stuck in the displacements You can also comment on layout but I won't change it anymore, it is what it is. Pretty much anything.. [/list]

    I hope you'll like it.


    Here are some screenshots in imgur album.

    Here's the workshop link.

    Display More

    Looking good!

  • The random model thread!

    • Axel Carlström
    • September 3, 2016 at 5:45 PM
    Quote from Terri

    On 8/24/2016 at 11:50 AM, Terri said: [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/Lxjf5Vp.jpg]

    A choo choo :D

    Blender; Substance D5 + Painter; composited in photoshop + retouched. And ofc, sketchfab

    (I know I've been posting a lot in this thread but I wanted to share this one really bad!)

    *EDITS*

    Staff Picked on Sketchfab

    Featured on Blender Nation

    Display More

    That is sooo cool! :)

  • ITT: Post maps/scenes that never saw the light of the day.

    • Axel Carlström
    • September 3, 2016 at 5:43 PM

    So many awesome unfinished maps here! Wonder what would have happened if we gathered all the time spent on maps in this thread and created one single map, would've been so good and so detailed :)

  • Everything 3D + A getting started guide

    • Axel Carlström
    • September 3, 2016 at 5:41 PM

    Thanks for the guide! Really awesome :)

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Axel Carlström
    • September 3, 2016 at 5:39 PM

    Hahaha :D

  • Games W.I.P Thread

    • Axel Carlström
    • September 3, 2016 at 5:38 PM

    Awesome reading all of this :D

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™