1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. maxlevelboi

Posts by maxlevelboi

  • [Source] Need help with strange leak

    • maxlevelboi
    • January 17, 2016 at 10:26 PM

    I have removed all hint and skip and it still persists : /

  • [Source] Need help with strange leak

    • maxlevelboi
    • January 17, 2016 at 9:41 PM
    Quote from laminutederire

    as tomm said it's probably a hint issue. Try to rebuild those in that area to see if it is better?

    Will post results as soon as I can : -)

  • [Source] Need help with strange leak

    • maxlevelboi
    • January 17, 2016 at 8:42 PM
    Quote from laminutederire

    I had something like that once, but it was an issue with visleaves, and occurred only in a definite space area, is it the same for you?

    Yepp exact same!

    Quote from tomm

    welcome to hint/skip nightmare(I'm just guessing)

    I have tried removing some hint blocks but I can remove all to see what happenes

  • [Source] Need help with strange leak

    • maxlevelboi
    • January 17, 2016 at 3:52 PM

    Hello there I have a weird leak I have never experienced before and I do not know how to fix it sadly


    First picture shows my normal level without any leak (woho!)

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/KEvUxae.jpg?1]

    Second picture shows the leak, it ONLY occurs when I look at a very specific point in my level, has anyone ever had this problem before and the solution?

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/obgvJsC.jpg?1]

    Look at the top of the 2nd picture, the clear blue sky is gone

  • Quake 1 SP MOD - Arcane Dimensions

    • maxlevelboi
    • January 17, 2016 at 3:29 PM

    I have not seen such brushwork! Gonna try it out : -)!

  • de_aqueduct new level in need of feedback BAD!

    • maxlevelboi
    • January 16, 2016 at 4:19 PM
    Quote from blackdog

    Really beautiful map, congrats!

    No idea how it plays, but is interesting.

    my comments are about art, think you can work and smooth the edges and make it looking really really great (Operation material if you will – the aqueduct gives the map grandiosity). The problem right now, I think, is that there's a clash of styles, is a bit cluttered… doesn't really transpond the location. Having an aqueduct I take its a Roman town, but I don't see the history in it. There are industrial corners but I also see a mosque dome in the background… I'd look into making it an European town (although I like the blue in the 3rd shot) build some solid historical foundation and then layering some modernity.

    Thanks for the feedback : -)! My art is not my strong side and I will see what I can do to fix this issue, with your feedback I am sure to make progress : -)

  • What music have you listened to recently?

    • maxlevelboi
    • January 16, 2016 at 3:19 PM

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • Has "Dust" theme become too old to replicate?

    • maxlevelboi
    • January 16, 2016 at 3:13 PM

    The middle east has a wide variety of themes : -) it is not all desert

    However on the specific topic of dust levels I have seen dust themed levels since 1.6 and I am getting a bit tired of it personally however a good level is always a good level proven by levels such as zm_lila_panic looks like garbage but plays really well and thus the gameplay will always outweigh the theme I think!

  • de_aqueduct new level in need of feedback BAD!

    • maxlevelboi
    • January 15, 2016 at 2:14 PM
    Quote from Bodd Jonar

    This is a real improvement! But on the bombsite, does the yellow line go over the crack in the ground?

    Haha will fix ; )

  • de_aqueduct new level in need of feedback BAD!

    • maxlevelboi
    • January 15, 2016 at 11:30 AM
    Quote from Logic

    I'd prefer it if you wrote down the changes. It's hard for us to spot individual changes on your map by looking at screenshots alone

    Next patch will have a changelog : -)! I have sadly neglected changelogs on mapcore, I have put every sinlge day for a month and a half into fixing stuff in the level and the scope for changes is so very wide!

  • DE_AQUEDUCT

    • maxlevelboi
    • January 15, 2016 at 8:43 AM

    Re-released! Check the original post to see screenies!


    Or go to the workshop page!

    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=600728667

  • de_aqueduct new level in need of feedback BAD!

    • maxlevelboi
    • January 15, 2016 at 8:29 AM

    Re-release day! New workshop post!

    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=600728667

    The map turned out to be a bit more call of duty paced then I expected however this just means deathmatch is way more hectic than ever!! I wish to thank all of you that have contributed with your time and feedback!

    Defusal and Deathmatch : -)!

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/kV1V1ul.jpg][Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/gRuKXET.jpg][Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/GSFe9IU.jpg][Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/6lJiWpd.jpg][Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/e8F6tnf.jpg][Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/3eWcGuj.jpg][Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/RmVDDHq.jpg][Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/4sOz8cY.jpg][Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/8IDyow5.jpg][Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/VrLYHzA.jpg][Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/jblT8w3.jpg][Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/pc3jsQ9.jpg][Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/KKxGKqg.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/BZXkFKx.jpg?1]

  • What's going on with your life?

    • maxlevelboi
    • January 7, 2016 at 5:48 PM

    Gonna eat some pizza!

  • de_aqueduct new level in need of feedback BAD!

    • maxlevelboi
    • January 6, 2016 at 3:53 PM

    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=569110763

    And the patches don´t stop!

    [Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/365155921117658070/5CD8AFCFAF41657227BAFF455D682C4CC1AB9CD0/][Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/365155921117660647/217444AECF520BA8CF5FD9C7F780C07808570F40/][Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/365155921117653368/90A0809D518C83A3E106592CD87AEE4779AAD6FF/][Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/365155921117653714/EF89FFCA78911E82841C3092EB85FC86D92C537C/][Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/365155921117658661/9913F83F71AF2A3E6BE15218DD192520A1F74F6A/][Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/365155921117654036/1A9F4B7155FB7A6092516DE13B465AE9ACEF32B6/][Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/365155921117654757/1357437E11C37D018FCB1EE49A6FB8266DB660DB/][Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/365155921117655140/291A97AE4691BBE027F744906C1CE3C026F7F56B/][Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/365155921117657261/195F4D749F7C848718B014A3CEF493C84B5F8C36/][Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/365155921117659797/7936747B93655BE445EBCE0F4D7EB81E9480668E/]

  • de_aqueduct new level in need of feedback BAD!

    • maxlevelboi
    • January 2, 2016 at 3:15 PM
    Quote from ElectroStatic

    Nice map! Looks real good!

    Thanks man : -)

  • de_aqueduct new level in need of feedback BAD!

    • maxlevelboi
    • January 2, 2016 at 3:12 PM
    Quote from Vaya

    well worth the read.

    I would also look at how the 'aqueduct' could be more visible around the map and how it ties to the overall theming.

    I personally would move it so it's over both bombsites and make the support columns the bombtargets. Obviously this would take a lot of rejigging to work but it would give the map more of a unique edge imo.

    I like the way you think : -)! I will look into what I can do to make this happen ;) Could be cool to make the support beam collapse as well on bombdetonation!

  • de_aqueduct new level in need of feedback BAD!

    • maxlevelboi
    • January 2, 2016 at 2:17 PM
    Quote from Vaya

    I would look at the agency article on here too. Talks about keeping props unique to areas.

    I think the detailing looks pretty good now overall but you should focus more on one style to make it feel more coherent.

    Where do I find this agency article?

  • de_aqueduct new level in need of feedback BAD!

    • maxlevelboi
    • January 1, 2016 at 11:58 PM
    Quote from Vaya

    had a run about (just initial thoughts):

    - reduce the amount of props massively. you have way too many things going on that don't add to the map. Cars going through walls(?), random pallet trucks/doors etc spammed every where. Texture set should be more refined too. I think this map is using a little of everything just now. too much prop repetition and too many different texture sets used. Interesting combo..

    - I don't think you need the squeeky onto B. The other one seems pretty redundant too.

    - Bombsites are on the small side.

    - seems like a lot of unnecessary areas.


    Mapcore playtest would help a lot imo.

    Display More

    Thanks for the feedback and your time : -)! I will get on that playtest session ; ) Will fix the repetitive nature of my level as soon as possible : -)!

    Quote from major.quin_n

    I made an album of some little picky things, you could change them if you'd like: http://imgur.com/a/JISwB

    Also, as others have mentioned, simplicity is key. I feel like you need to have more fluid structures, there are a bunch of random mismatched houses and apartments.

    Thanks man I will fix em : -) Great to have pictures I appreciate it!

  • de_aqueduct new level in need of feedback BAD!

    • maxlevelboi
    • December 31, 2015 at 1:10 PM

    Patchy patch!

    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=600728667

  • de_aqueduct new level in need of feedback BAD!

    • maxlevelboi
    • December 30, 2015 at 12:48 PM
    Quote from Vaya

    have you thought a mapcore playtest? Good way to get a rush of feedback

    the detailing looks super busy...in your last post the first/second compared to third screenshot- it doesn't look like the same area/theme? Modern bins mixed with dust2 textures and signage?

    Quote from jackophant

    you seem to have mashed a lot of different themes together into something I don't quite believe (also personal gripe, you've mixed the use of the fine orange and broad red bomb site signage).

    IMO it kind of looks like you've mashed Assassin's creed, Witcher and FEAR together.

    Regarding how busy the detailing looks, it's advisable to leave finer detail above the playable area to reduce visibility issues, but you've not left a single face without a prop or graffiti on it. It just feels very cluttered everywhere.

    Following on from the detailing, your architecture: it's important for it to be believable and right now you have a lot of strangely angled buildings and unrealistic overhangs. Supports can make things feel more grounded, but the overhang still has to feel realistic. Do you have any reference photos?

    Thanks for the feedback : -)! I have not conducted a playtest session yet and I have references it is a personal issue I have when I work I tend to work without references in mind sadly however I am trying to improve and it is good to be reminded! : -)


    I am fixing the detailing issues and trying to fix the consistent theme throughout the level more and more : -)!

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™