1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. R-C-MAN

Posts by R-C-MAN

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • R-C-MAN
    • December 9, 2016 at 3:43 PM

    Hello All,

    I've been trying to fix my earlier maps when I knew less about hammer and good building techniques but now I am fixing it all and will hopefully release version 3 of the map. Fixing a lot of mistakes I made but I am so happy it's done properly.

    RC

  • Level Design Help Files

    • R-C-MAN
    • December 8, 2016 at 9:14 PM

    Hey Guys I have a question about stairs in Hammer.

    I know when making stairs example 8x12 and you attach them at the corners and make how many you need. Group them and then use the clipping tool to cut the bottom half off, place a NODRAW brush underneath so they don't leak if open to the world. What happens when you create metal stairs as I've created here, since they do no need a nodraw brush underneath but are a func_detail do I need to do anything else. I was thinking of placing a player clip on top so the bots don't have issues with them.

    http://imgur.com/GFCcnE1

    is there anything I am missing?

    Thanks

    RC

  • Contest Entry [Unnamed Map] dod inspired.

    • R-C-MAN
    • October 3, 2016 at 2:34 PM

    Nice job man :) RC

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • R-C-MAN
    • September 28, 2016 at 4:08 PM
    Quote from Deathy

    On 9/27/2016 at 2:37 AM, Deathy said: Everytime I start up the vmf, I just want to close Hammer again. So I try to piece out parts externally and integrate them into the map. Also trying to use as much stock content in unconventional ways as possible.

    (btw sorry, compression fucked up the second screenshot big time.)

    I really like this :) What was is going to be?

  • [UE4] Making an Office Environment in Unreal 4 - Tutorial

    • R-C-MAN
    • February 18, 2016 at 2:39 PM

    I subbed, I really enjoy watching the result. As a 2 year mapper myself and still a noob I can appreciate talent when I see it. :)


    RC

  • Looking for a modeler to make some shotguns

    • R-C-MAN
    • February 18, 2016 at 2:37 PM

    Hello,

    It's for the MOD I'm working on for the game Insurgency(source). I don't know what the average poly would be for source, I guess what ever the standard is. As for incentive, I know little about the going rate but I know time is money, I'm not a 16 year kid who ask's for the sake of asking, I'm 48 I know what I want and will pay without question if it gets done.

    I would prefer to see previous work obviously to see if you're also not talking just to talk.

    RC

  • [UE4] Making an Office Environment in Unreal 4 - Tutorial

    • R-C-MAN
    • February 17, 2016 at 4:42 PM

    Minos your work is a Picasso of the current age.Everything I see you work on is beautiful.


    RC

  • Looking for a modeler to make some shotguns

    • R-C-MAN
    • February 17, 2016 at 3:41 PM

    I am looking for someone to make me the following shotguns but this one to start.

    Nova Tactical Shotgun

    http://www.benelliusa.com/nova-tactical-shotgun

    Please let me know.
    Thanks

    RC

  • Areaportals Hint and Skip

    • R-C-MAN
    • December 26, 2015 at 3:06 PM

    Thank you for all your input, I do have some screen shots but I have cleaned up many of the issues which were just from lack of experience. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone I really appreciate the feedback. The very first map I made was called HurtLocker, looking back now it was crap but as I've learned I've made it better. The latest update to it I added landmines and C4 caches to it and it's a lot of fun, really pushed source engine to it's limit sometimes. Well on December 24 someone told me they made a montage to it because they enjoyed playing it and he did an amazing job showing it off. I hope you enjoy it, I know I did. Here is the link to the video and screen shot of Miransh(WIP)

    R-C-MAN

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

    Screen Shot of Miransh

    http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/6860266103…BB2CBA9C76D98C/

    and

    My live stream with community manager and voice actor from Insurgency Mikee showing a very early version of Miransh

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • Areaportals Hint and Skip

    • R-C-MAN
    • November 24, 2015 at 2:43 PM

    I've been mapping about a couple years and I'm always learning when it comes to hammer but lately I've made a large map(probably too large) and hit the entity limit. When I do a sv_cheats 1 and mat_wireframe 3 I don't see very much. Someone said that the error I am getting "ED_Alloc: no free edicts" is because too much is being drawn. I'm a noob at this what am I doing wrong?

    Thanks

    RC

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • R-C-MAN
    • October 21, 2015 at 2:58 PM

    Here is some of my current projects/ideas for Insurgency

    My Vietnam Map for the upcoming Vietnam mod for Insurgeny.
    http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/6421196853…3D0021199766CC/

    My Next map for Insurgency call Miransh
    http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/6454961154…591222807C6E43/

    http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/6860267927…1631F0A161280D/

    trying out night same map

    http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/6860278780…533999DE875718/

    http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/6860278780…7EA52B7F2C7765/

    http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/6860278780…382BE5B6D2143C/

    More an idea than a map, have a lot of these
    http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/2735930916…EE6FA54A22B587/

    http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/2735930916…6CCEDF6D046312/

    My released warehouse map

    http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/2735885547…4C034BFB2B9EC7/

    warehouse in testing :)

    http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/2735885546…E94110516CAD89/

    http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/2735837876…5CA8CB4A7AF65C/

    http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/2735767082…C23AE1FA41CC14/

    Concept test

    http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/6421203199…D4FD239A99F5C5/

    http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/6454961154…81B2637E514FC7/

    http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/6454961154…2E4096B6D953D9/

    http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/6421203199…D4FD239A99F5C5/


    R-C-MAN

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™