1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Xarop

Posts by Xarop

  • Japanese Themed Map [CS:GO]

    • Xarop
    • March 19, 2015 at 9:41 AM

    At what time will the playtest be? I'm not home till 1930PM unfortunately

  • New Urban Terror HD

    • Xarop
    • March 13, 2015 at 1:15 PM

    It was a mod for Q3 yes, and still is. They are just taking the game and remaking it in UE4.

  • Oliver Curtis - Level Designer

    • Xarop
    • March 13, 2015 at 10:34 AM

    Wow FRAG, those look great! I love what you did on Metro, all that juicy lighting!!!

  • New Urban Terror HD

    • Xarop
    • March 13, 2015 at 10:13 AM

    Not sure if anyone played this but Urban Terror is an old 1999 mod for Quake 3. It is still being worked on by Frozen Sands to this day and it still an awesome FPS.


    Now they are making Urban Terror HD which is totally made on UE4.

    http://www.urbanterror.info/news/cats/urthd/


    UTerror has always had an extremely active mapping community, and for those of you making maps in UE4 but not wanting to make Unreal Tournament stuff... well here you go!


    The HD version is in Alpha, but the "old game" is totally free and most maps are quite enjoyable. So you can download UTerror 4.x and give it a whirl.


    [Blocked Image: http://www.urbanterror.info/cache/images/texts/news/454.2.jpg]

  • Some mapping inspiration

    • Xarop
    • March 12, 2015 at 12:12 PM

    Also, there is this book on Space Structures that has deep studies in materials, flexibility and durability of those materials and various examples. You might find some uncommon shapes here.


    https://books.google.es/books?id=2mu5T…epage&q&f=false

  • Some mapping inspiration

    • Xarop
    • March 12, 2015 at 12:00 PM

    Here is some more. This time, the Buhl Planetarium:


    http://imgur.com/a/c4Wq9#0

  • Some mapping inspiration

    • Xarop
    • March 11, 2015 at 9:43 PM

    I go right by this building everyday and thought you guys would like to see it. The architecture and design of this complex is just amazing, both outside and in.


    http://www.architecturenewsplus.com/project-images/28530


    Cheers,

    Xarop

  • [CSGO] [WIP] de_convention

    • Xarop
    • March 11, 2015 at 11:16 AM

    Wow this looks great. I'll do some playtesting myself later today and comeback with feedback. Not sure there's much I can add but I'll analyze the angles and timings and I'll tell you if something feels off to me

  • Mapcore Introductions Thread

    • Xarop
    • March 5, 2015 at 8:27 PM

    Hello community.


    Well I read through every single introduction here and I have to say.. damn, I felt like nothing. Just for a while though until I realised that none of you got your jobs and skills without dedication. All of you have been where I am now: clueless.


    My name is Ricardo and I'm from Portugal. 23 years old and no degree whatsoever (I have some minor technical courses).

    I have never made a map using a level editor, just a whole bunch of them on paper for use on my tabletop RPG games like D&D, among others. First game I played was DOOM, the first one on DOS and I remember being really intrigued by the "designers choices". You know, why they chose what they chose and what led them to those choises.

    I am a junior software developer in a private security company and I can work my way around C#, but I'm no expert. I've messed around with Unity a bit but am now installing UE4.


    The plan is, read good books in everything related to game design, level design, 3D; learning C# or C++ and just work my ass off to be able to make something. Create something that I can be proud of and that other people can enjoy!

    Also, unfortunately my artistic skills are those of a rotten potato... I need to work on that too


    Thanks for having me

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™