1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. kiwidog

Posts by kiwidog

  • [CS:GO] [WIP] Unknown Name

    • kiwidog
    • February 26, 2015 at 7:26 PM

    Thank's for the information, I'll let you know when I get further and upload more screens. I'm open to ideas. The 3rd picture is a laboratory with plenty of cover. The other bombsite hasn't been finished yet.

  • [CS:GO] [WIP] Unknown Name

    • kiwidog
    • February 26, 2015 at 1:40 PM

    Hey, it's my first time mapping ever and actually finishing it. I used to make maps for Halo way back in a previous lifetime, but never with source. My main focus was timings when designing this as I know 0 about level design, other than in CS:GO positional sounds are broken and the map shouldn't be too vertical.

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/1vx9Q4C.png]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/StHWt0A.png]
    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/QS9unwI.png]
    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/NKKIyC9.png]
    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/CzfVodq.png]

    I already plan on taking care of the openness of mid. Most of the time the T's if rushing can get to both sites within 9-14 seconds (14 being the longest but safest), CT's get there in 7-12 to both bombsites. The sky will be left open to create smoke zones (it was fun in first testing). I plan on adding a ton of detail later on (and lights lol). But I want to know what people think of this layout so far?


    Things too know, I know there is no T spawn yet. The CT's is the one in the last image on the platform. I also have no idea where to put things like cover etc, I know from playing CS what feels good as cover and what feels bad but for creating it myself I have no idea.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™