thinking of renaming to de_solution. Any opinions?
Posts by Vaya
-
-
Yeah I'm switching back to the A4 now. the guys I play with have been dissing me hard because I can't drop the A1 for them.
Thats their problem though
Learn how to shoot the A4 or learn how not to die. -
A4 is much better for nooby aimless sprays. I should know

-
I seemed to be the only person left using the the 4 though. I think dreamhack was 90% M4A1-S so valve have tweaked the prices to try and make the 4 more desirable. Be thankful it's only $200 and not a nerf

-
http://www.counter-strike.net/reintroducing_train
Slidly 'check out the difference' jpgs

I like how Valve are taking risks with the updates to this map
Not everyone is happy with the sweeping changes to 'classic' spots but I'm quite sure the game would not be growing the same way if it was just 1.6 with pretty graphics.
Bring on the change.
-
External Content www.youtube.comContent embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
-
are all the new textures etc saved in a certain directory format in hammer? I think my current project could use some of the new materials

-
External Content www.youtube.comContent embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
XD
-
More vertical height is the easiest way to make a map more 'complex' and add some dynamism to it
-
Quote from ruarai
[Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/4lX91aJ.jpg]
is this source?

-
Quote from Nakroma
Currently detailing CT spawn. The lighting is horrible, but when im gonna figure out how to make directional light, its gonna be better.
I focused on the ceiling, I still need something to break up the flat wall. Maybe crates.
[Blocked Image: http://puu.sh/dimGJ/7c5a1605f0.jpg]
I think this would benefit from other wall textures. Those bricks always seem a lot more suited to 'clean' environments imo.
-
Griffin sets a weird scenario imo. Lots of people hoping it DOES get pulled so they can make $ick profit$ on the back of someone else's deception.
People will start filing false claims to bump up prices

-
Holiday booked
Snowboarding in Mayrhofen

-
what's the breakdown of the layers you'd do?
Using FMPone's radar above as an example would it be:
-CCCP background image
- Scanlines
- Actual map overview
- Colour mask
- room outlines
- grain effect
?
So if you change the layout to a degree the radar needs updated you just need to change the overview and room outline layers?
-
Yeah you probably don't want to spend hours on the minimap just now anyway...if you change the map's layout at all you'd have to start from scratch.
-
Office. My work actually.

Spend 48 hours a week somewhere and its bound to end up affecting other stuff

-
Here's an small album of references I'm going to try work into my map's internal area.
-
I'd always go for the best processor/gpu you can afford with a laptop. You can upgrade the Harddrive to an SSD later but you're stuck with the first choice of mobo/cpu/gpu.
Just make sure you get a 'gaming laptop' rather than a laptop with a dedicated GPU. I made this mistake before and it wasn't designed for prolonged sessions (keyboard felt like lava after 2 hours playing)
-
10-1 as CT on inferno. Shutting everything down.
Edit -11-1...
-
The First NIP VS VP game was amazing viewing.
Edit Second one is too
