See this thread
Posts by Vaya
-
-
Vinneri if you could please put the steps you used in the thread so anyone searching the forum can find them.
you have no idea how frustrating it is searching for help for every thread to end with
'NVM sorted myself'

-
Quote from Squad
slightly unrelated, but is there a trick to make geometry like that? Or is it painstakingly placed brushes with the vertex tool?
As for the map, screenshots looks nice. If it's in a playable state try and get it in a map test we host here. It's great for weeding out exploits and helping balance areas
Arch tool.
[Blocked Image: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/w/images/4/43/Hammer_Arch_Dialog.png]
Any trick to doing it 'right'? seems to mainly be trail and error.
edit - Nevermind. I'll make a new topic if I'm still having issues when I get to this stage again.

-
I would like to know too. tried recreating this roof:
[Blocked Image: http://www.castlecroft.com/files/3714/0429/0518/king-james1.jpg]
Failed massively.
-
MS PAINT
Wait-
Edit - MS PAINT
GIMP IS OKAY TOO
-
Quote from Patrick_H
Re-worked my SCAR-20 | Spinal style to be more glossy and a bit more reminsicent of an X-Ray scan. The old one got ridiculously ignored by the public (oh my pride!).
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=387509721
[Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/srqtAGX.jpg]
you need to spam reddit etc like the rest of the community

-
-
De_solution bsp (hopefully correctly packed with kv and nav
) -
The current look is so overpowering most people will comment on that first. Maybe revert to dev textures for now until you are wanting to focus on texturing and lighting?
-
Quote from Vinneri
neither really. If you are trying to match your references though you can't just take one area into consideration. I think your textures match the references quite closely but the lighting doesn't match...
I think that's why it looks 'off' at the moment. Does that make sense?
-
those references look less colour saturated.
A new skybox/ light env might help? finland looks quite overcast.
-
[Blocked Image: https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5175/5561932507_cb432057d1.jpg]
it isn't really ever a realistic look (even in real life)
-
External Content www.youtube.comContent embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
-
#springoperationhype
Edit-
10k subs in less than 24 hours?!
Power of reddit?
-
CTs need a slight advantage. It's normally 2 CTs vs 5 Ts on site takes so the design needs to favour the CT side so not every take is successful.
-
-
Nah clip doesn't block nades. It might block the bomb however?
-
-
if any of you have time I suggest you noclip around cbbl. I'm really surprised how many unreachable areas are fully textured!
Sign it's been changed in a rush?
-