1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. aaaaasdasdasdasdasda

Posts by aaaaasdasdasdasdasda

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • aaaaasdasdasdasdasda
    • October 8, 2014 at 10:35 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://a.pomf.se/oguamb.jpg]


    1v1 map... maybe?

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • aaaaasdasdasdasdasda
    • October 2, 2014 at 8:32 AM

    Got plenty of work done on cs_seed/cs_biohazard/whatever it is. I think it is starting to reach the standard I wanted, which is great! There should be a playtest running soon too.

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/S8JlV0C.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/ryS2gza.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/EM1CQ4C.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/hYlqNDe.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/smAqBZy.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/vBDVUTV.jpg]

  • cs_seed WIP

    • aaaaasdasdasdasdasda
    • September 24, 2014 at 1:10 PM
    Quote from tomm

    very unique looking map, +1 for snow


    regarding the last screenshots, I liked it better before

    I think the greenish light seems odd for a snowy environment.


    just my 2 cents.

    Display More

    You're probably right, it's very easy to get carried away with colour correction. I might try a small amount of blue since I still want some kind of colour theme to the map.

  • cs_seed WIP

    • aaaaasdasdasdasdasda
    • September 24, 2014 at 11:58 AM

    So I just realised I was using f.lux when taking making my map so it looked better on my monitor at night than day. I've added colour correction to try and simulate this. Thoughts?

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/c59h9O3.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/TchHME3.jpg]

  • cs_seed WIP

    • aaaaasdasdasdasdasda
    • September 23, 2014 at 12:50 PM

    Got some more work done.


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/uGBU7Wx.jpg]

    Entry to a passage that will go towards the hostages.


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/Y9jHgPZ.jpg]

    Warehouse thing, tried not to fall into the yet-another-warehouse syndrome.


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/GikXYel.jpg]

    Alternate path for rescuing CTs

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/zGcycr6.jpg]

    Room with some kind of machine.

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/WUALkdz.jpg]

    Other side of the path into CT spawn.

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/faJDMWt.jpg]

    Incomplete bit that will take you through to some snow-warehouse things.

    I'm liking what I've gotten done with the lighting, definitely has some mood to it.

  • cs_seed WIP

    • aaaaasdasdasdasdasda
    • September 21, 2014 at 3:56 PM

    Decided to go full blitz with the subdivision tool. I think it may have worked.

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/7uoSrfl.jpg][Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/iXV8ngk.jpg][Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/k7g1kbh.jpg] Ignore the floating lights. They're magical, trust me.

  • cs_seed WIP

    • aaaaasdasdasdasdasda
    • September 21, 2014 at 2:21 PM
    Quote from Bevielis

    First and second screenshots look absolutely gorgeous. The rest display some blocky geometry of the snow walls, it also would help if the snow walls had a bit more detail, like a maintenance box, or a door. Anyways, 10/10 would bang.

    Those were my concerns, especially the blocky geometry. I'm not sure what to do since using the hammer displacement tools is so so painful, is there some kind of secret?

  • cs_seed WIP

    • aaaaasdasdasdasdasda
    • September 21, 2014 at 12:55 PM

    You might have seen this in the WIP thread but I figured since I'm gaining some ground I could make a thread of its own.


    It's a hostage rescue map inspired by the Svalbard Seed Bank in norway, but with plenty of changes to ensure some sort of gameplay.


    [Blocked Image: http://www.archidose.org/Blog/AE011e.jpg]


    Here's the areas that I've created so far:

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/YpmgFrJ.jpg][Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/5TquLrP.jpg][Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/fYaUc0h.jpg][Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/GivW9HR.jpg][Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/pQJOYUH.jpg] I'm not totally satisfied with the colouring of the map as a whole but it has come a long way. Displacements are also being frustrating. I'd love to hear what you think!

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • aaaaasdasdasdasdasda
    • September 18, 2014 at 9:11 AM

    Definitely made good progress with this.

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/gld39lx.jpg][Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/MqVdCcM.jpg]

    I'm thinking this could become a good cs_ map if I could get a layout out of it.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • aaaaasdasdasdasdasda
    • September 13, 2014 at 3:31 PM

    I was basing it more on this

    [Blocked Image: http://www.archidose.org/Blog/AE011e.jpg]


    and this


    [Blocked Image: http://images.dailyexpress.co.uk/img/dynamic/128/590x/secondary/91813.jpg]


    It's the seedbank thing in Norway, pretty cool place.


    I think what was missing was a proper texture, so I came up with this:

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/xjGnwTg.jpg]

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • aaaaasdasdasdasdasda
    • September 13, 2014 at 8:22 AM

    I feel like something is missing but I really don't know what it is.


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/dJNNB3f.jpg]

  • -

    • aaaaasdasdasdasdasda
    • September 10, 2014 at 11:11 AM
    Quote from Drakeee

    Tried it yesterday, did a "fast" compile but all my displacement had black seams where they were sewn (shadows). Compiled a fast compile in Hammer and it was fine - did I do something wrong I wonder?

    Those black seams are usually just a side effect of the fast compile. I'm not sure why your hammer compile is different since they should be mostly identical.

  • -

    • aaaaasdasdasdasdasda
    • September 10, 2014 at 2:38 AM

    New version! This time with changes that TopHATTWaffle suggested!


    • Make output work on a character-by-character basis so you can see progress in realtime
    • Add post compile options such as map file archive, shutdown and run file
    • Fixed issue where cancelling compile would crash
    • Added memory of previous games to the launch window
    • Add hotkey support. Press F8 to bring up Compile Pal and press enter to immediately begin compiling after.
    • Add large number of extra program configuration options
    • Make map copy checkbox ticked by default
    • Lots of minor bug fixes

    Download it here as always:

    https://github.com/ruarai/CompilePal

  • -

    • aaaaasdasdasdasdasda
    • September 8, 2014 at 7:40 AM

    -

  • [CS:GO] cp_altro

    • aaaaasdasdasdasdasda
    • September 5, 2014 at 7:52 AM

    Decided to go ahead and release the map today, with minor changes based on the great playtests that were held.

    Check it out:

    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=310075995

  • MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 4.0

    • aaaaasdasdasdasdasda
    • September 3, 2014 at 7:12 AM
    Quote from jackophant

    Exodus makes good points, but just adding that I thought the route from spawn to spawn over the top encouraged a lot of spawn camping and detracted from the objective at hand.

    The players are supposed to spawn on an objective once they capture it, sounds like that wasn't working.

  • MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 4.0

    • aaaaasdasdasdasdasda
    • September 2, 2014 at 8:44 AM

    Seems like a recent update broke the demo for cp_altro's playtest, so I'd love to hear how it went. Otherwise I'll just release the map and see how it goes!

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • aaaaasdasdasdasdasda
    • August 24, 2014 at 9:12 AM
    Quote from blackdog

    Is the full match available, where do I find more?

    http://www.esl-one.com/csgo/

  • Level Design Help Files

    • aaaaasdasdasdasdasda
    • August 24, 2014 at 8:14 AM
    Quote from tomm

    That looks very cool but it does literally nothing when I run it


    using win7 64bit

    Huh. Do you have the latest .NET framework? I am also using win7 64bit so this is strange.

  • Level Design Help Files

    • aaaaasdasdasdasdasda
    • August 24, 2014 at 7:47 AM

    Since tools are apparently posted here, I might as well post mine, Compile Pal.


    It's a wrapper for the source map compiling tools that provides easy configuration and better UI.


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/zMTThlY.png]


    It's got things like batch compile support, basic automatic file packing (for prototyping) and progress display on the taskbar:


    http://a.pomf.se/ephara.mp4


    Downloads are maintained here:

    https://github.com/ruarai/CompilePal

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™