By the way, I'm curious if anyone here has had a map published in an operation and used/uses Compile Pal. I know it has a certain place in the TF2 community but curious about CSGO.
Posts by aaaaasdasdasdasdasda
-
-
So with the new year a new version of Compile Pal is out. This is the version that has been long awaited - the one that really finalises everything we wanted Compile Pal to be.
It's all about productivity here, with new tools to automatically generate cubemaps and navmeshes in the compilation process. This is paired with repack support to further compress the BSP's used for Team Fortress 2. Got a long compile and want some sleep? Just enable the 'shutdown' tool and you won't need to stay up to see it finish.
On the back end, each compile step has been made modular! Meaning you can now create your own tools and share them with fellow mappers. (Also, in JSON, not CSV!)
This along with the usual UI improvements that make Compile Pal a breeze to use.
-
Maxime has fixed up the BSP packing so there's a new update. This should work perfectly with CS:GO models.
https://github.com/ruarai/CompilePal/releases/latest
Changes:
[*]Allow BSP packing of CSGO model files[*]Fix for TF2 update that broke BSP pack[*]Improve detection of assets in BSP pack[*]Fix input dialogs for adding and cloning[*]Improve analytics[*]Improve update dialog[/list]Also, there were a few obvious bugs that had managed to survive for a while in the last version. In case it was just a case of not knowing where to report them, you can always go here: https://github.com/ruarai/CompilePal/issues
I'm striving to make this a quality application, so don't be misled by the fact that it's free that the bugs are warranted.
-
Quote from tomm
both materials and models have their own folder, so these are the paths I need to be looking at:
csgo/materials/custom/
csgo/materials/models/custom/
csgo/models/custom/
Just spoke to the developer working on PACK - sounds like the issue is with the newer model formats that CS:GO has. Apparently it's got an easy fix, so there should be a new release with this resolved soon.
-
Quote from tomm
how exactly does the packing work? I opened the compiled bsp in pakrat and can only see some custom materials packed, but no models.
anyway, loving the tool
good jobThe packing is the most complicated part, since it has to account for nearly every little edgecase within the Source asset pipeline. Currently it works by reading the output BSP and parsing it for any custom content.
How is your content stored in your game directory? Is it just in /csgo/materials, or something like /csgo/custom/materials? It's possible the packer can't find it.
-
It's certainly been a while since the last post in this thread, but I think there's been some big changes recently that I think will interest people:
Error Fetching
Compile Pal can detect and provide information relating to errors using the Interlopers error listings.
[Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/JA3gH3x.png]
This has everything from the Interlopers website, including community-reported errors. It's all done straight from the compile output, too:
[Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/Ckz5XyA.png]
Improved Packing
Thanks to the work of contributor Maxdup, the PACK feature has been far improved, and is now able to pack nearly all content, including:
- Materials
- Models
- Model Skins
- Skybox Textures
- Sprites
- Water Materials
- Color Correction
- Detail Files
- Menu Photos
- Soundscapes
- Soundscripts
- Particle Manifests
- Much more...
As always, the latest version can be downloaded on GitHub.
-
Quote from El Moroes
Are you sure you are using the latest version? There was an issue with the earlier one in some European areas. Otherwise, can you show me your debug.log file or any files in the ErrorLog folder?
I'm sure yes, I followed the url you gave in your edited topic.
My log :
Code
Display MoreSystem.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException: L'invocation du constructeur sur le type 'CompilePalX.LaunchWindow' qui correspond aux contraintes de liaison spécifiées a levé une exception. ---> System.FormatException: Le format de la chaîne d'entrée est incorrect. à System.Number.ParseSingle(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt) à CompilePalX.CompileProcess..ctor(String metadataFile) dans c:UsersRuaraiReposCompilePalCompilePalXCompilersCompileProcess.cs:ligne 24 à CompilePalX.ConfigurationManager.AssembleParameters() dans c:UsersRuaraiReposCompilePalCompilePalXConfigurationConfigurationManager.cs:ligne 32 à CompilePalX.MainWindow..ctor() dans c:UsersRuaraiReposCompilePalCompilePalXMainWindow.xaml.cs:ligne 46 à CompilePalX.LaunchWindow.Launch(GameConfiguration config) dans c:UsersRuaraiReposCompilePalCompilePalXGameConfigurationLaunchWindow.xaml.cs:ligne 68 à CompilePalX.LaunchWindow..ctor() dans c:UsersRuaraiReposCompilePalCompilePalXGameConfigurationLaunchWindow.xaml.cs:ligne 59 --- Fin de la trace de la pile d'exception interne --- à System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, IXamlObjectWriterFactory writerFactory, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlObjectWriterSettings settings, Uri baseUri) à System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(XamlReader xamlReader, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlAccessLevel accessLevel, Uri baseUri) à System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(Stream stream, ParserContext parserContext, Object parent, Boolean closeStream) à System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(Stream stream, ParserContext pc) à System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Uri resourceLocator, Boolean bSkipJournaledProperties) à System.Windows.Application.DoStartup() à System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1(Object unused) à System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs) à MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)System.FormatException: Le format de la chaîne d'entrée est incorrect. à System.Number.ParseSingle(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt) à CompilePalX.CompileProcess..ctor(String metadataFile) dans c:UsersRuaraiReposCompilePalCompilePalXCompilersCompileProcess.cs:ligne 24 à CompilePalX.ConfigurationManager.AssembleParameters() dans c:UsersRuaraiReposCompilePalCompilePalXConfigurationConfigurationManager.cs:ligne 32 à CompilePalX.MainWindow..ctor() dans c:UsersRuaraiReposCompilePalCompilePalXMainWindow.xaml.cs:ligne 46 à CompilePalX.LaunchWindow.Launch(GameConfiguration config) dans c:UsersRuaraiReposCompilePalCompilePalXGameConfigurationLaunchWindow.xaml.cs:ligne 68 à CompilePalX.LaunchWindow..ctor() dans c:UsersRuaraiReposCompilePalCompilePalXGameConfigurationLaunchWindow.xaml.cs:ligne 59I mean there was another version that was released since this topic's creation that fixed the issue that you are having. You'll have to download it again. Sorry for not being clearer.
-
Quote from El Moroes
Mmmh this new version doesn't work here.When I launch it, it does nothing (I mean, I double click on the icon >> nothing happens) :-/
Are you sure you are using the latest version? There was an issue with the earlier one in some European areas. Otherwise, can you show me your debug.log file or any files in the ErrorLog folder?
-
Also, the tools that are used during a compile are completely customizable, for instance, you could make a second VRAD if you're in that weird situation where you need two passes of LDR and HDR.
There's a bit of information on it here:
-
Quote from ESToomere
Oh my this is sexy. How does it handle custom VBSP? Specifically the 2013 VBSP cubemap fix.
Also, how do I add games? It currently only shows CSS configs, I suspect it picks the last used Hammer configs?
VBSP cubemap fix should work fine. Games are loaded from the last used hammer config but it will cache any previously loaded ones so you can choose when you launch.
-
I've released the biggest update yet! It's a complete rewrite that targets some of the biggest issues people were having with the tool such as a lack of extensibility and numerous bugs. You can download it here: https://github.com/ruarai/CompilePal/releases/latest
I've updated the OP so you can also see the new design.
-
new train is beautiful
-
Quote from Vaya
is this source?

Yep.
[Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/45YqiHZ.png]
Except I think half the reason it looks so good is because it's so inefficient - there's only 3 actual brush blocks with the rest being displacements. That means I end up with a stupid amount of polygons but also means I can add a lot more noise and smoothing than is typical. The joint between the sewer ceiling and gutter thing is a good example of how natural it can look. Except this approach is dangerous and I would be scared to put this in a playable map, solely for this reason:
[Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/AjiJ5Kh.jpg]
Over 15000 tris at the moment. Could be optimised down for sure, but I don't think I'll go too far with this anyway.
-
-
The idea for a Blue Shift recreation is great, especially if we can use the Black Mesa content. It seems like a good first project since it's not too big. Although, wouldn't there be a bit of creative restraint if we're to keep the same theme as Black Mesa?
-
Why not have it split a little.
- All the big binary stuff hosted on something simple like dropbox.
- The smaller data stuff on whatever version control needed.
I figure the things like models and textures would have less collaborative work than the code or levels.
-
Quote from FMPONE
Very elegant, simple and cool. I like it.
Thanks!
I've got some more detail done, and whilst the simplicity might be gone, I feel the mood is much better.
[Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/zNIlfwk.jpg]
[Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/LyWfKsD.jpg]
[Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/UfmvHYH.jpg]
And no, I don't know who decided to build all that in the bottom of a valley.
-
Make sure not to put all hope into one project, there will probably need to be a good few attempts before there is a nice process.
-
[Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/GkbGBko.jpg]
[Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/VoeCivn.jpg]
Doing some more small maps. Found out how to properly use displacements thanks to this: http://www.interlopers.net/tutorials/30687. Also using some nice composition stuff with the screenshots which seems to make them prettier.
One day I'll make a real map, I swear.
-
[Blocked Image: http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/48736918729893473/1B37111F093DDE0B412B69F4EDBF109746447266/]Another set piece this time inspired by a blurry google streetview image of a place near me. Would love to do a full project with the theme, but I don't think I can extend the standard content that far.