1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. tomm

Posts by tomm

  • Mapcore Introductions Thread

    • tomm
    • August 17, 2014 at 4:58 PM

    Hi, my name is Tomas, you can call me Tom/Tomm


    I've been mapping and doing 3d for more than 5 years and I've never finished anything(apart from a cs 1.6 map that sucked hard)


    I needed some motivation and an ego boost so I joined mapcore to fix that and finish something that doesn't suck.

  • MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 4.0

    • tomm
    • August 17, 2014 at 12:32 PM

    would like to playtest my map again today


    will send the files later, still finishing up some stuff.

  • [CS:GO] de_<unnamed> (WIP)

    • tomm
    • August 15, 2014 at 12:46 PM

    not a big fan of the inferno theme, but if you make some elements of your map stand out, for example that fortifying wall.. I can see that being really cool.


    I'm always afraid to start detailing my map till the layout doesn't suck.. so be careful not to get too carried away


    I wonder how it plays, it already looks so good. I'd suggest a playtest if you haven't done so already.

  • Sierra is making a comeback

    • tomm
    • August 12, 2014 at 11:29 AM

    because there's plenty of room to exploit kickstarter, and people generally love to exploit everything.

  • MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 4.0

    • tomm
    • August 10, 2014 at 2:48 PM

    if today is not booked then I'd like to give my map a spin too

  • DOTA 2

    • tomm
    • August 7, 2014 at 10:17 AM

    would love to see a tower defense mod

  • DOTA 2

    • tomm
    • August 7, 2014 at 7:48 AM

    holy shieeeeet finally I can use this gif properly


    [Blocked Image: http://api.ning.com/files/VkQqQEmdPGdvIbzf1cHJljoT3tM2uyDedNfu6WrDJ8yeOh2ea6QSTtvtk2J*wFexTfCLI90vN-dbYZ5Zuu3HqdDea378sKLE/clapSHOTTAS.gif]

  • MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 4.0

    • tomm
    • August 6, 2014 at 11:39 AM
    Quote from jackophant

    Out of interest, what did you use to draw over the screenshot?


    Good ol' photoshop

  • MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 4.0

    • tomm
    • August 5, 2014 at 9:16 PM

    jackophant: I was thinking this could help mid a bit, also if you added some cover on that platform it could help cts


    I dunno.. maybe it gives you an idea, I'll just leave it here.

  • Resident Evil HD Remastered

    • tomm
    • August 5, 2014 at 11:59 AM

    woah, didn't see that coming.


    I haven't played the 2002 remake, are there fixed camera angles? That's what I loved the most about resident evil 2 and 3.

  • [CS:GO] de_Purify (alpha)

    • tomm
    • August 3, 2014 at 11:22 AM

    You should spend some more time on lighting, it's way too dark atm.

  • Mapcore Challenge - Engine Preference

    • tomm
    • July 25, 2014 at 7:36 AM

    But again, it's 3ds Max and Source, Source alone is simply dated and in many ways not pleasant to work with IMO

    It's all good untill you start doing something other than brushwork.


    I'm pretty sure your tools are a huge improvement and a timesaver, but not everyone uses max :/

  • Mapcore Challenge - Engine Preference

    • tomm
    • July 25, 2014 at 7:21 AM
    Quote from shawnolson

    I'm pretty confident in the fact that many things can be accomplished much faster in Source than is commonly known. Very confident.


    like what? I can only think of BSP blockout.

  • Mapcore Challenge - Engine Preference

    • tomm
    • July 24, 2014 at 9:51 AM
    Quote from TheOnlyDoubleF

                 

    [Blocked Image: http://replygif.net/i/520.gif]

  • DOTA 2

    • tomm
    • July 22, 2014 at 9:02 AM

    game is hard.

  • Mapcore Challenge - Engine Preference

    • tomm
    • July 20, 2014 at 11:53 AM
    Quote from Beck

    you only have to sub once and cancel and you can use the engine for good, you just don't get the updates.


    I subbed when it was version 4.2.1 and cancelled my sub.. and still got the new 4.3.0

  • Mapcore Challenge - Engine Preference

    • tomm
    • July 19, 2014 at 6:37 PM

    UE4 all the way, would love to see how others tackle PBR workflow.

  • Music you listen to while weurking ?

    • tomm
    • July 15, 2014 at 7:28 AM

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

    or basically anything from the sidebar

  • Quixel Suite Open Beta

    • tomm
    • July 11, 2014 at 4:25 PM

    I've only ever used ndo2 to quickly block out normal maps(very handy), never used ddo as I think it's for speeding up your workflow, not something you should use when trying to learn texturing.

  • What's Next

    • tomm
    • July 11, 2014 at 8:57 AM

    F2P Open World Post Apocalyptic Zombie Survival MOBA on kickstarter

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™